Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Off to Guernsey the morra for a wee break. 

I have no idea what to expect. Despite it being just off the coast of France, I don't think my O' Grade in French will be called upon. 

Quite like the look of their knitted jumpers though. 

3 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I have no idea what to expect. Despite it being just off the coast of France, I don't think my O' Grade in French will be called upon. 

The Green Lions play their first game on the glorious twelfth if you’re still there.

5 hours ago, Eednud said:

The Green Lions play their first game on the glorious twelfth if you’re still there.

Thanks, but I have a hot date with Stranraer that day. Hoping to take in the Charlton v Leyton Orient game on the 5th.

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

6.5 seconds to impact at ground level, about 142 mph at impact.

With regard to a body, the police report could be read to imply exactly that, as a smear of jammy stuff is hard to describe as a body.

About 4 years back a guy survived a fall from the 19th floor of a building in Hong Kong - his fall was broken by him hitting aircon units on the way down.  Ouch!

13 minutes ago, hk blues said:

About 4 years back a guy survived a fall from the 19th floor of a building in Hong Kong - his fall was broken by him hitting aircon units on the way down.  Ouch!

Without the “brakes/breaks”, he’d take 3.4 seconds and be doing 74 mph…not impossible to survive with serious injury.

12 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Aren't you thinking of Jersey?

13 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Only place I heard the local variety of Franglais being spoken in Jersey was in a very down at heel back street pub in St Helier. 

Bit of drama there tonight. Next door neighbour came home from work and collapsed coming up the path. I thought I heard somebody shouting "Help me, help me", but I thought it was the youngsters computer games, so I asked whose it was, but they both denied it. I did look out the window, but couldn't see anything (we have a low wall across the front of our garden, which blocks our view of the path), but one of the grandchildren stood on a chair and looked out and said "There's a man lying on your path".

Panic stations! Knocked the neighbours door/window and went to Adrian's rescue. He was laid out unable to move, but conscious. By this time the rest of the family were out, and I said to his sister dial 999. 5 minutes later and she was still fannying about, but eventually did phone 999.

We got him comfortable and waited for the paramedics. And waited for the paramedics. And waited for the paramedics. Rang again and they arrived 45 minutes later, which I suppose wasn't too bad, but it's a long time when you're standing around clueless as to how to help, apart from trying to keep him awake.

By this time our son-in-law had arrived with another neighbour who is a nurse.

Adrian came round a bit, and was able to respond to questions and raise his arms, but was still complaining of a sore head and was doing horrible retching into a bowl.

Eventually got him sat up and oxtered him into our summer seat which we had manouvered down the path.

Ambulance eventually showed up after another 90 odd minutes, and that's him off to hospital about 30 minutes ago.

No idea what's wrong with him, I thought at first it was a heart attack, then I thought it was a stroke. The first lot of paramedics seemed to be keen to push the idea that it was vertigo, but the nurse said it wasn't that, and it could be a mini stroke, his blood pressure was 160/106, which isn't good.

But anyway, he's away to the hospital where they will hopefully get to the bottom of things. For a while I thought they were going to try to get him into his house and leave him at home.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sllepnig

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Bit of drama there tonight. Next door neighbour came home from work and collapsed coming up the path. I thought I heard somebody shouting "Help me, help me", but I thought it was the youngsters computer games, so I asked whose it was, but they both denied it. I did look out the window, but couldn't see anything (we have a low wall across the front of our garden, which blocks our view of the path), but one of the grandchildren stood on a chair and looked out and said "There's a man lying on your path".

Panic stations! Knocked the neighbours door/window and went to Adrian's rescue. He was laid out unable to move, but conscious. By this time the rest of the family were out, and I said to his sister dial 999. 5 minutes later and she was still fannying about, but eventually did phone 999.

We got him comfortable and waited for the paramedics. And waited for the paramedics. And waited for the paramedics. Rang again and they arrived 45 minutes later, which I suppose wasn't too bad, but it's a long time when you're standing around clueless as to how to help, apart from trying to keep him awake.

By this time our son-in-law had arrived with another neighbour who is a nurse.

Adrian came round a bit, and was able to respond to questions and raise his arms, but was still complaining of a sore head and was doing horrible retching into a bowl.

Eventually got him sat up and oxtered him into our summer seat which we had manouvered down the path.

Ambulance eventually showed up after another 90 odd minutes, and that's him off to hospital about 30 minutes ago.

No idea what's wrong with him, I thought at first it was a heart attack, then I thought it was a stroke. The first lot of paramedics seemed to be keen to push the idea that it was vertigo, but the nurse said it wasn't that, and it could be a mini stroke, his blood pressure was 160/106, which isn't good.

But anyway, he's away to the hospital where they will hopefully get to the bottom of things. For a while I thought they were going to try to get him into his house and leave him at home.

Visions of you keeping him awake by shouting his name at him.

rocky-rockybalboa.gif