Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Went for a chippy in Scarborough the other night, ordered 2 fish suppers and the lassie behind the counter looked at me like I was an alien.

"Is that like fish & chips?"

The guy doing the frying laughed and said he'd only ever heard 'fish supper' once before in 29 years.

I was astonished. Genuinely thought it was universal language. Please tell me it's at least universal within Scotland?

I had an argument with the guy in the chip shop in my first week in Cardiff when he failed to comprehend the standard terminology. He asked why I didn’t just ask for Fish and Chips, like I was the stupid c**t.  I don’t ask the kebab shop for meat and bread. Imbecile.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Went for a chippy in Scarborough the other night, ordered 2 fish suppers and the lassie behind the counter looked at me like I was an alien.

"Is that like fish & chips?"

The guy doing the frying laughed and said he'd only ever heard 'fish supper' once before in 29 years.

I was astonished. Genuinely thought it was universal language. Please tell me it's at least universal within Scotland?

It’s always a bit embarrassing when you go to a foreign country and can’t speak the language…

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I had an argument with the guy in the chip shop in my first week in Cardiff when he failed to comprehend the standard terminology. He asked why I didn’t just ask for Fish and Chips, like I was the stupid c**t.  I don’t ask the kebab shop for meat and bread. Imbecile.

No wonder foreigners have such a problem with Scottish tourists.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No wonder foreigners have such a problem with Scottish tourists.

I’m not a tourist. I live there. They need to be more hospitable. At least they haven’t burned my house yet I suppose.

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I’m not a tourist. I live there. They need to be more hospitable. At least they haven’t burned my house yet I suppose.

That’s worse you need to assimilate boybach.

28 minutes ago, coprolite said:

When I lived in Wales I remember getting a curry in a restaurant. It arrived with a dollop of mushy peas on the plate, right on top of the rice. 

We moved away 2 years later.

8 hours ago, Eednud said:

In today’s daily quiz in The Australian and just after a question about which part Tom Cruise played in Cocktail and before questions about HMS Bounty, which team has won most Australian Water Polo League women’s titles and the currency of Vanuatu amongst others was the one below.

PS: If you like quizzes then why not head over to GN side of things and join the league.

IMG_2095.png

How do you join it mate? I've done the quiz from time to time, usually get between 6 and 8, so I figure I'd be a mid-table irrelevance, but is it just a case of pinging Cardinal Richelieu and asking him to be added into the league figures?

The strangest bit for me was the older guy only having heard of a fish supper once in his 29 years in the business. That was a customer from Falkirk apparently. 

It was excellent fish & chips to be fair and about 7 quid less than what you'd pay in Oban. Also washed down with a £2.25 pint in the local Spoons.

I'd highly recommend Scarborough.

Watching a news story on a family at a local safari park. Seems they were riding through, in the open bed of a pickup truck (dumb motherf**kers), and a giraffe picked a two-year old up by her shirt (she she was caught by an adult as she fell a couple of feet, https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-toddler-tossed-giraffe-fossil-200700730.html). The story is somewhat sensationalised by the media, but did get me thinking…how has one of the giraffes or some absolute c**t of an ostrich not been shot by Bubba or Cletus somewhere in the U.S. at one of these places?

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s worse you need to assimilate boybach.

We didn’t colonise half the planet with that attitude. These seaweed munchers need to be civilised.

Going to the movies with my son to see a film called Sting.

I know nothing about it apart From there is a spider on the ceiling in the thumbnail. Just realised they are biters and not stingers so maybe I've made a mistake. 

20 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I know nothing about it apart From there is a spider on the ceiling in the thumbnail. Just realised they are biters and not stingers so maybe I've made a mistake. 

It's about an Englishman in New York. 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm so glad Taylor Swift is playing in Edinburgh and not Glasgow.

Damn right. Heading to Hampden tomorrow. 

Potential nichtmare avoided.

50 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

29 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It's about an Englishman in New York. 

Who finds a message in a bottle.