Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

I had an argument with the guy in the chip shop in my first week in Cardiff when he failed to comprehend the standard terminology. He asked why I didn’t just ask for Fish and Chips, like I was the stupid c**t.  I don’t ask the kebab shop for meat and bread. Imbecile.

I trust that you paid with a Scottish banknote!

I asked for a fish supper in Stirling last week and it felt like one of they old movies. The young lass just looked blankly through me and just saw the eyes of the 2 older guys on the fryer looking up like I was from a different planet! Asked again and one of the guys took over like I was some nutter he had to protect her from. Apart from being dear as f**k, it was actually pretty decent tbf

8 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I asked for a fish supper in Stirling last week and it felt like one of they old movies. The young lass just looked blankly through me and just saw the eyes of the 2 older guys on the fryer looking up like I was from a different planet! Asked again and one of the guys took over like I was some nutter he had to protect her from. Apart from being dear as f**k, it was actually pretty decent tbf

When I go into my local chippy I ask for fish n chips and the woman always corrects me and says fish supper. I stopped asking for fish suppers because it always came out like chip supper and I sounded a right divvy.

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Proper chippy. How it should be... and with loadsa SAUCE 😋

Sauce goes on everything except fish. I want vinegar on my fish. In fact, if using my local I will have salt only and use my own vinegar instead of the one from the chippy. 

2 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Sauce goes on everything except fish. I want vinegar on my fish. In fact, if using my local I will have salt only and use my own vinegar instead of the one from the chippy. 

That's fair enough. I usually only ask for the sauce on the chips, but they slam the fish on top so it gets a hint of seasoning from them! 

6 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Going to the movies with my son to see a film called Sting.

I know nothing about it apart From there is a spider on the ceiling in the thumbnail. Just realised they are biters and not stingers so maybe I've made a mistake. 

would you recommend this film to @KnightswoodBear ?

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was playing that earlier as well.

You can customise your playlist. Kinda cool.

10 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

When I go into my local chippy I ask for fish n chips and the woman always corrects me and says fish supper. I stopped asking for fish suppers because it always came out like chip supper and I sounded a right divvy.

I was explaining to the lass in the Scarborough chippy that our menus usually have the item, eg haddock, then a price for a single or supper. It was like I was talking Greek. 

5 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I was explaining to the lass in the Scarborough chippy that our menus usually have the item, eg haddock, then a price for a single or supper. It was like I was talking Greek. 

You are.