Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

19 hours ago, GordonD said:

This one must be up there...

80's UK TV Advert - InnerCity with Jimmy Saville - YouTube

I keep this in mind when people talk about how oil is here to stay for a long transition:

Nationalcoalboard-2062558563.jpg.png.f69f1c6c39da93508403d15affb68650.png

Edited by Hedgecutter

11 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

When the fire alarm goes off at the barbers.

Maybe nobody's told him. From the front in a mirror it's ok. Maybe his wife cut it for him and sent him out saying it looked fine. 

Just arrived in Swindon. Stepped off the train and the overwhelming smell is raspberry vape tinged with dogshit. It’s also royal ascot apparently so there’s a squad of birds in sparkly mini skirts being chased by Reeg-Mog top hatted c***s and blokes in peaky blinder suits that are 3 sizes too wee for them. 

Some place.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just arrived in Swindon. Stepped off the train and the overwhelming smell is raspberry vape tinged with dogshit. It’s also royal ascot apparently so there’s a squad of birds in sparkly mini skirts being chased by Reeg-Mog top hatted c***s and blokes in peaky blinder suits that are 3 sizes too wee for them. 

Some place.

Enjoy the racing. 

1 hour ago, Big Bobo said:

It is all over google. There are lots of links, here is one.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/40370267/euro-2024-scotland-porteous-gets-2-game-ban-red-card

And fans should not throw things no matter which team you support. There is no excuse.

You shouldn't throw missiles and hurty things onto the pitch. 

Hibs season tickets are acceptable though.  

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I keep this in mind when people talk about how oil is here to stay for a long transition:

Nationalcoalboard-2062558563.jpg.png.f69f1c6c39da93508403d15affb68650.png

There's 200 years of coal reserves under the UK apparently. I imagine the land is quite cheap to buy in old mining areas. And somebody will invent carbon capture technology one day.. 

Mrs fae the Vale has just texted that she is "in the bus" before correcting the typo. It has me thinking that "in the bus" is actually more accurate than "on the bus", unless you do happen to be sitting on the roof.

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This is the smell in picture form.

IMG_9720.jpeg

Hum….

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

….so there’s a squad of birds in sparkly mini skirts being chased…

…pics or GTFO.

2 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Mrs fae the Vale has just texted that she is "in the bus" before correcting the typo. It has me thinking that "in the bus" is actually more accurate than "on the bus", unless you do happen to be sitting on the roof.

download (13).jpeg

3 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

On the bus, on the train, on the plane, on the tram, on the ferry... in the car 🤔

After she got off the bus (out of the bus?) My wife got word thst her 92 year old grandmother in the States has passed away. She's taken it much harder than I was expecting, given how they weren't close, and I'm not really sure how I can help (I know I probably can't, but I want to at least try).

She doesn't get homesick for the States very often, but I think when something like this happens, it's hard not to.

Sorry for rambling on, think getting it off my chest has helped me have a bot of clarity. Just need to comfort her the best I can.