Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Our 2 lads went to buy a couple of cans so that they could watch a Scotland match on TV with a little anaesthetic. 

The younger one was IDd.  (He is 28). Fortunately he had ID with him.  Unfortunately his older brother, who was 32 at the time, didn't have ID on him, so the staff refused to serve either of them.

Barbers must be rubbing their hands in delight at the news that Oasis* have reformed for some gigs next year.

They'll be inundated with countless goons asking for the shockingly shite haircut one of them has (the, somehow, less worse version of the genuinely disgusting Paul Weller effort).

*Rather overrated. Plenty of good tunes but then far too many meh or even pish ones. Not as overrated as The Stone Roses mind, who had a single good album.

23 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Our 2 lads went to buy a couple of cans so that they could watch a Scotland match on TV with a little anaesthetic. 

The younger one was IDd.  (He is 28). Fortunately he had ID with him.  Unfortunately his older brother, who was 32 at the time, didn't have ID on him, so the staff refused to serve either of them.

I went to buy drink shortly after I turned 18 and when I got to the checkout the woman said “All good son, I’ve seen your ID before” 

It was the first time I’d ever bought alcohol from the shop. 

On 27/08/2024 at 12:28, Salt n Vinegar said:

I bet the shop assistant had got a doing recently for serving someone who was underage. They deliberately send someone in who looks older than they are to catch out staff, which obviously annoys the staff so they take it out on customers for a while.

Saw this earlier, Facebook posts from parents whose children are starting University or college in the US.

"oh no, my flat mate wants loads of girls to come back, better phone my mum".  Strap on a pair you little p***k.

On 26/08/2024 at 07:29, Swarley said:

@Eednud do you have an illegal sex dungeon bushfire bunker like your neighbour?

Adelaide Hills resident locked out of his 'last resort' bunker as bushfire season looms

A man with grey hair and beard leans over bushfire bunker built into ground

I've always had a fear that if I was in a bunker like that for a fire or hurricane, that the 'door' would get blocked, and I'd be unable to get out and not be found. 

5 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I've always had a fear that if I was in a bunker like that for a fire or hurricane, that the 'door' would get blocked, and I'd be unable to get out and not be found. 

There's a big chance that could happen so you're right to dwell on it.

On 27/08/2024 at 12:21, Richey Edwards said:

I was buying some bottles of wine for my dad's birthday and got ID'd.

I have just turned 34. I should take it as a compliment I guess.

Probably wanted to check you didn't dive off the Severn Bridge.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I bet the shop assistant had got a doing recently for serving someone who was underage. They deliberately send someone in who looks older than they are to catch out staff, which obviously annoys the staff so they take it out on customers for a while.

They don't 'take it out on the customer', they become ultra cautious because they can be fined and fired if they get caught again.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They deliberately send someone in who looks older than they are to catch out staff, which obviously annoys the staff so they take it out on customers for a while.

I got mistaken for one of them one time. They said they thought I was "wearing a wire" because I had an iPod in my pocket. 😂

12 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I got mistaken for one of them one time. They said they thought I was "wearing a wire" because I had an iPod in my pocket. 😂

iPod?! Showing your age Jamie.

8 minutes ago, Venti said:

iPod?! Showing your age Jamie.

I used an iPod up until about two years ago. I liked using my phone as a phone and the iPod for listening to music. 

Unfortunately the harddrive packed in and they don't make iPods anymore so I started using Spotify.

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I used an iPod up until about two years ago. I liked using my phone as a phone and the iPod for listening to music. 

Unfortunately the harddrive packed in and they don't make iPods anymore so I started using Spotify.

I'd share you my Spotify playlist, but there's no Motorcycle Emptiness.

Edited by Venti
Cant spell

On 27/08/2024 at 12:28, Salt n Vinegar said:

I saw a couple of students fall foul of this, They (rightly IMO) asked the cashier that if it was the policy that all people in a group buying alcohol needed to show ID, why she had only ID'd the middle-aged woman in the group in front of them, and not the teenage girls who were carrying the shopping containing multiple bottles of wine and a case of Smirnoff Ice.

They had not received a satisfactory answer, and the manager had been sent for, by the time I left the shop

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I saw a couple of students fall foul of this, They (rightly IMO) asked the cashier that if it was the policy that all people in a group buying alcohol needed to show ID, why she had only ID'd the middle-aged woman in the group in front of them, and not the teenage girls who were carrying the shopping containing multiple bottles of wine and a case of Smirnoff Ice.

They had not received a satisfactory answer, and the manager had been sent for, by the time I left the shop

You only have to ask for ID in that situation if you have reason to believe it's being bought for someone underage. 

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Were you the person that looked older than they were? 

My brother in law used to work in a pub and his colleague failed a test purchase. 

His colleague knew the person that had come into the pub and that they were above the legal age to buy alcohol. The reason for failing was it’s not enough to know the person or something along those lines 

22 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My brother in law used to work in a pub and his colleague failed a test purchase. 

His colleague knew the person that had come into the pub and that they were above the legal age to buy alcohol. The reason for failing was it’s not enough to know the person or something along those lines 

image.png.487ea4e72fb50609dce2fcc0d636026b.png