Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Miley Cyrus is being sued for plagiarism of a song. Apparently the song Flowers is like a Bruno Mars song, When I Was Your Man.

What do you think? Yay or Nay?

Aye that's a rip-off.

It was marketed as a response to the Bruno Mars song -  "I should have bought you flowers" Vs. "I can buy myself flowers" etc, so it's a bit weird that they haven't cleared it in advance.

33 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Miley Cyrus is being sued for plagiarism of a song. Apparently the song Flowers is like a Bruno Mars song, When I Was Your Man.

I remember hearing that Miley Cyrus thing a while back and thinking, "whoa, that's really similar to something else", but couldn't put my finger on what.

I don't think it was the Bruno Mars thing though; I got the feeling it was something older than that, so they're probably both ripping off someone else.

1 hour ago, Venti said:

Was doing my food shopping there & for some reason my bluetooth earbuds failed.

Spotify playlist was on Ariana Grande & I was wearing a Metallica t-shirt...

Got some quizzical looks. 

yes, and?

51 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Nah, its a common chord sequence and a few similar lyrics.

THe amount of time and money spent on this kind of pish in music is infuriating. I mean, its not like one of them needs the money more than the other.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What I want to know is, which supermarket he was in and what was on the shopping list.

I'll bet its riddled with filth. 

Tesco in Greenock.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

No mushrooms you'll be sad to hear.

1 hour ago, Venti said:

Was doing my food shopping there & for some reason my bluetooth earbuds failed.

Spotify playlist was on Ariana Grande & I was wearing a Metallica t-shirt...

Got some quizzical looks. 

When I put my earbuds back in their wee case, my phone pauses playback and doesn't switch to the internal speaker, so that's generally what I do. Apparently Windows doesn't do that by default, and will switch playback to the PC's speakers.

I sometimes listen to War Metal to help me focus on work. You can guess the rest; imagine a room full of people silently trying to get on with their own business. Here's what I was listening to: