Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

People who refer to cans of beer as "tins" should be beheaded.

I'm pretty sure me and everyone of my mates call them tinnie's, I thought that was common practice :unsure:

I'm pretty sure me and everyone of my mates call them tinnie's, I thought that was common practice :unsure:

"Tins" is acceptable; "tinnies" is something bucktoothed Austrlian simpletons say and should be banned by the European Commission.

Guest The Phoenix

"Tins" is acceptable; "tinnies" is something bucktoothed Austrlian simpletons say and should be banned by the European Commission.

:lol:

Regarding Nizzy, he's a fooking riot. :)

You looked like you were struggling last night, Sammy. Then I realised I was trying to cram a full day's drinking into one hour and encouraging you to go at the same pace despite you already having had a good few.

It's also what is now written on the side of boxes of Fosters. i.e. "20 tinnies". It's a fucking stupid non-word.

You looked like you were struggling last night, Sammy. Then I realised I was trying to cram a full day's drinking into one hour and encouraging you to go at the same pace despite you already having had a good few.

That is a fair assumption . I blame the jaegerbombs

It's also what is now written on the side of boxes of Fosters. i.e. "20 tinnies". It's a fucking stupid non-word.

I've found that if you really want to annoy an Australian male (and let's face it, you should) start talking about Foster's and make a comment to the effect that it must be really popular in Australia. They get really, really defensive about this for some reason, and point out that nobody drinks it there, and that's a load of bladdy pom rubbish. Just bring up Foster's repeatedly and they get really riled.

I've found that if you really want to annoy an Australian male (and let's face it, you should) start talking about Foster's and make a comment to the effect that it must be really popular in Australia. They get really, really defensive about this for some reason, and point out that nobody drinks it there, and that's a load of bladdy pom rubbish. Just bring up Foster's repeatedly and they get really riled.

That's true. A friend of mine married an Australian and we used to wind him up all the time about this. he used to say it tasted of kangaroo piss. how he knew that I don't know.

It's the sheer fury in their voices that you raise it that gets me. If someone here in the US asks me if we all go about wearing kilts and eating haggis, I'll chuckle and reply in the negative, and file a mental note that the person asking shouldn't be let out unsupervised at night. But ask an 'Ocker' about Foster's and it's as if you've just burnt down his outback hovel.

It's the sheer fury in their voices that you raise it that gets me. If someone here in the US asks me if we all go about wearing kilts and eating haggis, I'll chuckle and reply in the negative, and file a mental note that the person asking shouldn't be let out unsupervised at night. But ask an 'Ocker' about Foster's and it's as if you've just burnt down his outback hovel.

The thing is, the popular lagers over there are no better than Fosters.

Weirdly enough, the same trick seems to work with Italians and Peroni.