Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Had a five fold on tonight and shat it at 50 minutes because Brentford were drawing and cashed in. Got £20.00 back when I could've had £70 now at full time. Tears.

Eta. I am a massive pussy.

Edited by mrcat1990

I'm extraordinarily tired after staying up all night reading William Congreve's The Way of the World for a presentation I'm doing on the play on Thursday. I also have a politics tutorial in 3 hours. The tutorial will be getting told to get tae in favour of sleep, but I'm getting that scared feeling of butterflies in my stomach that I used to have in school when I went on the odd truanting job that I'm doing something massively wrong and rebellious, and my only relief is by telling social media. However this would be too lame a status for facebook, so here we are.

Edited by Firhill Road

I'm extraordinarily tired after staying up all night reading William Congreve's The Way of the World for a presentation I'm doing on the play on Thursday. I also have a politics tutorial in 3 hours. The tutorial will be getting told to get tae in favour of sleep, but I'm getting that scared feeling of butterflies in my stomach that I used to have in school when I went on the odd truanting job that I'm doing something massively wrong and rebellious, and my only relief is by telling social media. However this would be too lame a status for facebook, so here we are.

#fuckthesystem

Comical moment where a group of (young, female and fit) German tourists on the Edinburgh to St Andrews bus thought that Methil/Leven was St Andrews. The look of disgust (before being told they're still an hour away) was superb.

Full tour of the real Scotland I suppose.

A very awkward moment for me there. A man came to my door, and when I answered he just mumbled something and handed me a card. The card read "Hello, I am deaf. I have some drawings that I wish to sell for money so that I can pay for school/college. I would be grateful if you could buy one of my drawings."

I shook my head with a sympathetic smile and my hand gestures were pretty clear that I didn't have any money, or that I didn't want to buy a drawing off him, I'll leave that one up to his own interpretation. Plus, I don't really know how to say "I'm just gonna nip to the bank because I don't have any money in the house but I'll be back in 15 minutes" in sign language.

What I found really awkward about it was that, even if I did want to buy a drawing off the guy, how much do I pay? How would I go about asking to see the drawings first, only to find out they're shite and then say "nah, I'm awright actually."

A very awkward moment for me there. A man came to my door, and when I answered he just mumbled something and handed me a card. The card read "Hello, I am deaf. I have some drawings that I wish to sell for money so that I can pay for school/college. I would be grateful if you could buy one of my drawings."

I shook my head with a sympathetic smile and my hand gestures were pretty clear that I didn't have any money, or that I didn't want to buy a drawing off him, I'll leave that one up to his own interpretation. Plus, I don't really know how to say "I'm just gonna nip to the bank because I don't have any money in the house but I'll be back in 15 minutes" in sign language.

What I found really awkward about it was that, even if I did want to buy a drawing off the guy, how much do I pay? How would I go about asking to see the drawings first, only to find out they're shite and then say "nah, I'm awright actually."

Pretty sure it's a scam. They don't care how much you give them , as long as its something.be lucky if you get a stick man drawn on a post-it note . Edited by parsforlife

Pretty sure it's a scam. They don't care how much you give them , as long as its something.be lucky if you get a stick man drawn on a post-it note .

I was tempted to shout "will 50 quid be fine" as his back was turned when leaving just to see if he'd turn around but I would have felt like an absolute c**t if he was actually deaf, which I believe he was, but you never know.

Chiral single cell copper nanotubes..............

Abstract

The structural, energetic and electronic properties of chiral (n, m) (3⩽n⩽6, n/2⩽mn) single-wall copper nanotubes (c***s) have been investigated by using projector-augmented wave method based on density-functional theory. The (4, 3) c**t is energetically stable and should be observed experimentally in both free-standing and tip-suspended conditions, whereas the (5, 5) and (6, 4) c***s should be observed in free-standing and tip-suspended conditions, respectively. The number of conductance channels in the c***s does not always correspond to the number of atomic strands comprising the nanotube. Charge density contours show that there is an enhanced interatomic interaction in c***s compared with Cu bulk. Current transporting states display different periods and chirality, the combined effects of which lead to weaker chiral currents on c***s.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11433-013-5387-8

dammit the swear filter done for them :(

Edited by phasma ex machina

At risk of sounding insensitive - that cancer we're coming to get you advert really pisses me off

Agreed. Its just so fucking tedious and repetitive, doubt it inspires anyone to help at all if all you're doing is keeping boring auld c***s like that wifie alive

Agreed. Its just so fucking tedious and repetitive, doubt it inspires anyone to help at all if all you're doing is keeping boring auld c***s like that wifie alive

Its just utter cringe - good cause obviously and a tender subject for most but the advert is just epic fail