KnightswoodBear

The step down from the first two episodes of the last six seasons is fucking frightening.

Not a single interesting subplot and an assembly of the most bland actors they could have picked. I'll still give it a shot untill the half way mark, but I'm not holding much hope.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The step down from the first two episodes of the last six seasons is fucking frightening.

Not a single interesting subplot and an assembly of the most bland actors they could have picked. I'll still give it a shot untill the half way mark, but I'm not holding much hope.

I wouldn't go that far, I thought that up until Day 7, all the opening episodes of the previous seasons were brilliant. Day 7 was pretty poor though.

I quite enjoyed the two episodes.

I prefer it when they start off slowly, instead of letting off nuclear bombs in the first 4 episodes. I've come to accept that Jack will be dragged back in against his will and that someone in CTU will have some stupid backstory that will give the writers an out later on.

I like it being set in New York this time, as Washington last time out was a refreshing diversion from L.A always being the target.

Having said that, I clocked the presidents wee dwarf brother being the inside man after about half an hour.

And seriously, what is the new CTU all about? That interview room was like Darth Vader's chamber from Empire Strikes Back

It is set slightly in the future, the drones really pissed me off!

I'm sure it's been done before, but I seem to recall that if you count up from the start, with all the time inbetween series, they're up to about 2018 by now. So it's not too much of a stretch

That was one of the most dramatic "shit" to "insanely good" switches I've ever seen. Stunning second batch of episodes, and I am pretty glad that I stuck with it for these two episodes after two horrible ones. There's still the problem with that blonde and the new head of CTU being among the most horrible actors in 24 history, but the character of Hastings is well written so it sort of doesn't grate TOO much.

Freddy Prinze Jr. hasn't surprised me one bit with how well he's taken his role.

Finally got round to watching episodes 3 and 4. And they were great.

Booby McFreckles having the boys thumb off was indeed a "Fucking Hell!!" moment. She's turned into Jack circa Season 2. If she comes back with a duffle bag and a hacksaw, it'll be the most awesome piece of TV ever :P . And Jurgen fucking Prochnow!!! How awesome is he? The look of disgust on his face as he looked at his son in the wee back room was brilliant.

Starbucks back story with the false identity is already getting on my tits, as you just know that he'll suddenly turn out to be involved with the Russians and is being set up as a way into CTU for them. Although I am looking forward to another Battlestar actor, Callum Keith Rennie , turning up eventually.

I now can't wait for epsode 5

Will probably just hold off until Sunday now as I haven't had a chance to download the first few episodes yet.

Is Tony gonna make an appearance in this season?

Me too. I prefer watching stuff on the telly anyway, means I get to lie down on my sofa.

Haven't heard anything about Tony making an appearance. It would be good, like Nina when she struck a deal to get out of jail in Day 2.

I hope he doesn't come back, that's something that grates me when they bring people they have written out back.

There are a few nifty gadgets you can get for playing downloads through a TV, I can't remember what they are called though. My computer has a decent sized monitor anyway and is in a decent position for watching shows! That and not having Sky demands that I download.

Are the eps 3 and 4 on Sky on Monday as well?

It annoyed me that they had to bring Tony back in Day 7, but as he has already been back they may as well write him in somewhere.

I don't think episodes 3 and 4 are on Monday. Pretty sure they will follow next Sunday. It's normally what happens with Sky1, they show two double bills then go down to one episode a week.

I didn't mind them bringing Tony back but thought they nearly ruined the last season by having him turn out to be a sort of good guy but bad guy who we thought was good, after of course thinking he was bad. I guess they might save it and bring him back for the film that is meant to be planned after this season.

If it was just 24 hours later or something, I wouldn't be fussed about the downloading but I know once it gets going I won't want to be waiting a week to watch it when I know it's available now!

Is Aaron Pierce in it?

Special Agent Aaron "God Amongst Men" Pierce, if you don't mind.

And if he's not at some point I'll eat my own face

That man is actually my hero. He doesn't get enough lines. Day 5 was Aaron's day really.

That man is actually my hero. He doesn't get enough lines. Day 5 was Aaron's day really.

I think the writers have now cottoned onto the fact that the guy is a very popular character, hence him getting an expanded role laast series. Would I be right in saying he's the only character bar Jack to appear in every series?

Archived