KnightswoodBear

Yep that's how I feel too Radford. The other series appeared to have twists and turns all over the place this is just a poor plot line that seems to be really dragging along.

Me too. I've not enjoyed this season like I have with the others, whether or not it's down to watching it on TV rather than just watching the box set I don't know.

Watching the 9pm episode on Sunday night (episode 5) after it had finished I thought back what had happened in it and it could easily have been filled in 10 minutes.

It speaks volumes when I'm more interested in the Dana/Jen story than I am with the terrorist threat in Kamistan, or whatever him from Slumdog Millionaire's country is called.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely not as good as previous seasons. Having said that I'm still downloading it instead of waiting for it to come on Sky. Episode 5 was the worst so far I think, nothing really happened in it at all.

I hope it picks up quickly.

Whilst its not a Day 1 or a Day 2, anyone who thinks its worse than Days 4 and 6 needs their head examined by Jack.

Whilst its not a Day 1 or a Day 2, anyone who thinks its worse than Days 4 and 6 needs their head examined by Jack.

I'm sorry, but are you serious? Are you seriously saying that it's better than Day 6? Day 6 was fantastic. The ending was the only thing that let it down.

The Audrey Raines story in Day 6 was great, we find out she is dead then she is alive again, brilliant.

My favourite ending has to be Day 5, where Jack is taken by the Chinese.

Thats what I hated, you see when she appeared in ep12 I wanted to throw my laptop clean out the window. Are we expected to care, Jack had seen her for what I would say ammounts to less than 24hrs in the previous 3 years.

:lol:

I really like Audrey. She has got a very strange shaped face though.

I really really like 24, one of the best shows on TV.

But, have just caught up with Sunday's episodes on Sky + and have to ask the question - how did Renee manage to stop her comms device in her ear being noticed when she was searched and the guy also snecked her neck????

It just is too far fetched!

Watched episodes 6 & 7 tonight, and it's all bubbling along very nicely. I agree that it's got more of the feel of earlier Seasons and thats definetely a good thing imho.

Seriously though, how many times have we had the "unstable woman stabs guy to death" in 24 now?

I like the plot strand with President Indian Chris Tarrant going slowly mental with paranoia, and if it's not his daughter thats fucked him over I'll eat my feet.

The Starbuck storyline is still as daft as a box of frogs.

And Jack becoming german by putting on a pair of comedy glasses was hilarious

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me or is the current series of 24 the biggest pile of shite since Rocky IV, Rocky V and Rocky VI

It's gone from being an excellent programme full of twists and turns, to a programme full of shite acting and predictable plot lines. The character set is a group of people I couldn't give a shite about.

I'm at 11pm - 0:00 - is there any point in watching the next one?

I still haven't started watching Season 8 as I've a few episodes of Season 7 to watch, but Season 7 really has been excellent.

I've still got Redemption and 7 to watch too.

It had become formulaic by Season 2 really, but it's fairly unique in its formula so it's always got away with it I think.

I liked the season where Charles Logan was President best I think.

Cuz Bush isnae President anymore, likesay

President Taylor is brilliant, although has been totally underused this season. I like that paranoid walloper though that they have been focusing on instead.

This season is MUCH more similar to Season One than it has been to others, in it's style.

President Taylor is brilliant, although has been totally underused this season. I like that paranoid walloper though that they have been focusing on instead.

This season is MUCH more similar to Season One than it has been to others, in it's style.

24 is on my "reserved to be beasted in a box set" list.

I was referring to an article I read last year, saying 24 had iniitally tapped in post 9/11 terror fears etc, and now with cuddly Obama in office*, it doesn't feel as relevant any more. Was a good article, reagrdless of whether you think it was a little deep to be thinking about a TV show.

* actually, I think I read it at the height of the american orimaries, so more than a year ago laugh.gif

How can a series get so shite so quickly

Because someone got the boxed set for Christmas and watched it non-stop, so someone's partner has flown over to America and kicked the producers in the face?unsure.gif

Archived