KnightswoodBear

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe Jack wiped out all that Lost people in the church before the light went out. It was a great series in my view up there with any of the earlier ones. The acting of Dahlia Hassan in the last two episodes was impressive. You won't be disappointed Steven.

So that's 24 and lost finished.

The end pretty much leaves it open for the movie, and for another season in a few years time. I'm guessing that since Tony didn't make an appearance that he'll be the movie baddie. Looking forward to it already.

Anyone else think that ending was fuckin awesome? ohmy.gif

I was feckin shakin when Taylor stood over the treaty with the pen and punching the air when she didnt tongue.gif .

Jack goin Tyson was awesome and what an evil b*****d Logan really is

I thought we went through an awful lot to get to an ending that wasn't really worth it, but it sets us up for a movie which was the only real essential thing they had to do, and also did it in such a way that you have no idea how it might actually work.

Looks like we're all gonna finish watching it at pretty much the same time! Couple of episodes full of great acting and tension and as said, the ending is pretty much building it up for the film. I thought the scenes between Taylor and Hassan in particular were brilliant and Gregorry Itzin is fantastic as Logan. Definitely a good choice to bring him back.

Hadn't even contemplated the movie going back in time until RCR's earlier post and rather gullibly possibly thought he'd blown his own brains out. Don't ask how I then thought they were gonna see the rest of the episode out! After that was pretty sure he wasn't gonna die and would instead disappear. When he went mental, it was really the only way they could go I guess but for killing him off.

Thought it was a great ending, those last 2 episodes were an absolute emotional rollercoaster and Jack thanking Chole really got me. The only disappointment for me is that Logan took the coward's way out. I really wanted to see him suffer!

Me and the girlfriend only started watching 24 at christmas, when I got seasons 1-7 on dvd and we've watched the whole lot in the space of 6 months! (sad, I know!). So there being no more 24 is going to hit us a bit more than most! It was hell enough having to wait a week between episodes over the last few weeks!

Thought it was a great ending, those last 2 episodes were an absolute emotional rollercoaster and Jack thanking Chole really got me. The only disappointment for me is that Logan took the coward's way out. I really wanted to see him suffer!

Me and the girlfriend only started watching 24 at christmas, when I got seasons 1-7 on dvd and we've watched the whole lot in the space of 6 months! (sad, I know!). So there being no more 24 is going to hit us a bit more than most! It was hell enough having to wait a week between episodes over the last few weeks!

I would have liked to see Jack getting his hands on Logan,and for Jack to torture him to the brink of death. Now that would have made a good episode.

All in all, I think this has to go down as one of the better seasons. The last 6 or 7 episodes have been non-stop. Letting Jack off the leash and have him go all Kill Bill on us was tremendous. The scene in the underpass with him in the body armour ("Th, th, th, that's JACK BAUER!!!" :D ) was amazing, without turning him into a parody of himself. The aftermath of the massacre in the russian suite was a masterstroke, as you can just imagine Jack going berserk in there.

My only gripe with the last episode was the last 5 mins seemed a wee bit rushed. It was almost as if they had too much to cram in. Him saying goodbye to Chloe was well done, and I did have a wee lump in my throat. Him looking up at the drone was a wee bit cheesy. So nicely set up for a 24 movie then :D .

I don't think having it set in his past would really work. He does look quite a bit older than he did in the first series and any sense of peril that he wouldn't make it would be done away with. (Not that you ever really think he'll die.

And Gregory Itzin is easily one of the best baddies from the series.

• 8 months later...

Holy f'ck i have had the first series on dvd sitting in my room for months and ive just started watching it today.

Its superb :D .I'm on 7am now.I love how there is 3 or 4 stories going on at the same time.

Cant belive i've went this long without watching it.I'm going to have to get the next season off a pal.

Thoughts?

Holy f'ck i have had the first series on dvd sitting in my room for months and ive just started watching it today.

Its superb :D .I'm on 7am now.I love how there is 3 or 4 stories going on at the same time.

Cant belive i've went this long without watching it.I'm going to have to get the next season off a pal.

Thoughts?

It's absolutely superb. It gets better and better.

Love it, love it, love it.

It's my favourite show. As Rugster says, it only gets better. Season 1 is great viewing on first watch, but once you get through a few more season, it's poor in comparison.

Prepare for a rollercoaster ride of emotions where your going to get really attached to lot's of characters and develop a very strong man crush.

For people who have seen it, what's your favourite season/day?

Mine is Day 3, where...

• Jack is recovering from the heroin addiction he developed undercover
  • Chole makes her first appearance
  • Kim is secretly dating Chase, who becomes Jack's partner
  • Jack and Tony's undercover sting with the CTU "mole"
  • Jack Breaking the bad guy out of jail under presidential order
  • The random trip to Mexico
  • Jack Kills Nina (f**k yeah)
  • The whole drama with Michelle & other CTU members being locked in a hotel with the unleashed virus (along with Tom from Desperate housewives)
  • The Palmer's family scandal
  • And of course, Jack hacking off Chase's arm with an axe to save the world

I love Day 3, but very few people seem to agree it's the best and it seems to be the ones with Logan as president are considered the best. They are all brilliant though (even day 7). I've tried watching it again from the start, but it just didn't work so soon after watching the whole lot in half a year. I'll need to wait a few years before trying again I think.

Fantastic show.

It is the one show I would recommend every person to watch. Other shows I love such as Lost, Boardwalk Empire etc I know aren't for everyone and will be love them or hate them type shows but 24 is unhateable!

Cliffhanger after cliffhanger at the end of each episode. You just can't not watch the next episode.

Favourite characters are Tony Almeida, Mike Novic and Bill Buchanan 8)

Favourite moment

is when Jack has to shoot the top dog of CTU (Chappelle?) in the head

Archived