Procycling thread

myshkin

Having watched the recent Lions tour, the events of today's TDF and other cycling classics, it just reinforces what  overpaid, pampered, egotistical pussies the majority of footballers are 

Certainly at the top levels.

Having watched the recent Lions tour, the events of today's TDF and other cycling classics, it just reinforces what  overpaid, pampered, egotistical pussies the majority of footballers are 

I think that they should introduce a rule that when a player goes down and is rolling about, they should show a picture of Richie Porte's broken body around the stadium and the opposing team gets to pinch them in the face to really give them something to cry over.

On 09/07/2017 at 17:16, F_T_Y said:

Could have been worse if he had went off the verge and back down the mountain.

I think Aru tried a sneaky one, he shot off as soon as froome was looking for assistance.

Aru taking a leaf out of Nibalis book, he knew allright , Find  it difficult to like the italian cyclists , they were the pioneers of the ultra doping era EPO/blood bags ect

win at any cost attitude !

22 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

when you consider the wages they are on compared to pro cyclists it is scandalous behaviour, As you know UTN the falls and scrapes of amateur cyclists who do it as a hobby

makes it even more shamefull...

I think that they should introduce a rule that when a player goes down and is rolling about, they should show a picture of Richie Porte's broken body around the stadium

Porte's was bad but the one which really got me yesterday was Mori and his punctured lung. Horrible to watch.

12 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Aru taking a leaf out of Nibalis book, he knew allright , Find  it difficult to like the italian cyclists , they were the pioneers of the ultra doping era EPO/blood bags ect

win at any cost attitude !

Most sensible thing I've ever heard you say mate ;)

Regards to Porte's crash, I noticed the descent from the Mont du Chat had been resurfaced, since the Dauphine, & I'm pretty sure it might have been the same bend Froome jammed it through on him during that race.

Perhaps Porte was trying to pull the same manoeuvre on the other riders?

On 7/9/2017 at 15:14, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Froome calls for the service car and Aru attacks. Hopefully there will be a wee punch up at the end.

ETA: Looks like Porte caught him and told him to sit up.

I know the unwritten rule is that you're not supposed to attack the yellow jersey when he suffers some sort of mechanical issue, but, and this is me partly playing Devil's advocate, should that be scrapped? A sprint wouldn't be re-run if the green jersey suffered some sort of incident in the final 200m of a stage and Aru's only opportunity to beat Froome is in the mountains. Perhaps he had been planning to attack at that very moment regardless of Froome's issue and ended up losing that opportunity. I personally have a strong dislike of Aru so had no desire to see him do well, but I do feel a little sympathy for him. Imagine if Thomas was still in yellow and Froome suffered that same incident - should the group have slowed because Froome was one of the favourites? I would assume that they would not and, if that is the case, then the whole thing seems a little unfair. 

I think it's getting more towards the stage where some of these unwritten rules are going to be lost because of the uncertainty and potentially unfair outcomes of them being implemented. I appreciate that one of the aspects that is so appealing about professional cycling is the extensive and non-existent book of unwritten rules but when situations like this one arise, it may be time for only the rules that are published to be adhered to. 

Wiggins did the year he won it (may have been Contador who had an issue) and Froome has at least once although he was also called out for a bit of gamesmanship when he called for a "natural break" and the others weren't too impressed (two of his domestiques had come to grief a bit further back and were waiting on the car/changing wheels and it was implied Froome knew that and wanted a truce so they'd be able to get back into the peloton and so not leave him isolate.

Yet another bizarre decision from the UCI to allow Nacer Bouhanni to continue in the TdF despite evidence indicating that he punched Jack Bauer. I don't understand how you can find a rider guilty of punching another and then not disqualify him from the race. 

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tour-de-france/nacer-bouhanni-handed-fine-time-deduction-tour-de-france-disqualification-apparent-punch-video-341267

I don't know, I thought that Bodnar was going to do it. Was cheering him on from here [emoji23]

Certainly closer than yesterday but he won with a good bit to spare in the end. Only way he isn't winning green is if he falls off.