Procycling thread

myshkin

2 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

That was brilliant. A beautifully played shimmy. Send the second in command and last team member left with Froome up the road at the end and nobody knows what to do. Don’t remember ever seeing that done before.

It was always going to happen , froome is happy to see thomas win this IMO, but is keeping his options open as thomas has been known to blow dramatically, that said he was in a support role then and if given support and wearing the jersey it could happen, thomas's talent is underestimated ...

Brilliant stuff again today. Was just thinking ahead, I know there's rumours about froome doing it but I think it's highly unlikely, and Thomas will be targeting the world's, who goes as Sky's team leader at the vuelta?

Well played by Sky. Thomas attacks, then Froome asks his competition, "what you going to do about that then?"[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Cave, Kittel & Renshaw finish outside time limit.

Would Froome forgo the Vuelta for a tilt at the World's RR, it's a climbers course in Innsbruck after all?

Hadn't realised that along with the Madeleine, Croix de Fer & Alpe, they're also doing the Lacets de Mont Vernier. Spectacular stage.

http://www.cycling-challenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IMG_1641_-_Version_2.0.jpg

5 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Brilliant stuff again today. Was just thinking ahead, I know there's rumours about froome doing it but I think it's highly unlikely, and Thomas will be targeting the world's, who goes as Sky's team leader at the vuelta?

I would have thought Froome would want to go for all 3 grand tours in the same year.

I would have thought Froome would want to go for all 3 grand tours in the same year.
I think any cyclist would want to go for all the GTs in a single year but there's a very good reason why nobody has been able to win all 3. The timing and maintaining your form for that length of time is verging on the impossible with the other contenders. Nibali for example looks undercooked just now but may ride himself into peak form for the vuelta.

Out in the Alps for yesterday's finish and today's start. Absolutely loving it.

We were in Seez, a village about two km into the final climb yesterday, started to walk down the hill after the race finished and there's a cyclist coming up the hill - Cav. Everyone had gone past long ago. [emoji16]

Kruujswiyk in a mission today, 5.50 up on the peleton, virtual yellow by 3 odd mins.
Still the Alpe to come though.
5k to go and he now has only 1.11 on the yellow jersey, Bardet is in between the two and closing him down.

Great stage. Thomas was great again but what a ride by Dumoulin again. At the Giro last year and this and the Tour now, he's showing you don't have to be a pure climber to have a chance. The Pyrenees will be interesting - the TT doesn't suit any of the tip 3 in particular now with Thomas, Froome and Dumoulin being good in that discipline.