Procycling thread

myshkin

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

f**k knows how he picked his way through that lot.

Tremendous wasn't it. Definitely one of his main strengths I think,  compared to the rest. He picks the right wheels and makes the right split second decisions in the hear of the sprint.

It's an incredible record.

Just watched it for the seventh time, still buzzing. 
watched the tour 40 years now, managed to see 8 stages and been a Cav fan boy since 08, my wife jokes I would leave her for him.

Cav has given us some days.

His WC and the whole British build up was unbelievable , even getting the extra rider meant  it was so many riders helped that.

He then went to sky as a thank you and his efforts were massive in getting Wiggins there, that day in Paris is my favourite ever!

The 2021, I was blown away it wasn’t double bust of HTC days but a new Cav.

So happy today, like my football team winning the league 

Wouldn't bet against him doing it again today. The way he just surfs the wheels, looking for gaps; it's doubtful anyone has ever had speed of thought to compare. He'll be full of confidence; the likes of Phillipson, Bauhaus, Gaviria will be thinking about how easy he made it look; only Girmay and de Lie look to be in any sort of form? Maybe we'll see a late break and someone will pip the sprinters but at least there should be a story as every stage in this tour had had something so far.

44 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Wouldn't bet against him doing it again today. The way he just surfs the wheels, looking for gaps; it's doubtful anyone has ever had speed of thought to compare. He'll be full of confidence; the likes of Phillipson, Bauhaus, Gaviria will be thinking about how easy he made it look; only Girmay and de Lie look to be in any sort of form? Maybe we'll see a late break and someone will pip the sprinters but at least there should be a story as every stage in this tour had had something so far.

He talks about how vital it is to keep his mind sharp in (one of) his books. Does mind puzzles a lot on the bus e.g.

Yeah, it's been great so far and looks like it could be a real classic edition.

16 hours ago, printer said:

Tremendous wasn't it. Definitely one of his main strengths I think,  compared to the rest. He picks the right wheels and makes the right split second decisions in the hear of the sprint.

It's an incredible record.

It's when you watch yesterday on the overhead shot, he doesn't have any of his team up there so has to rely on his own ability to make the right choice of wheel while doing almost 70kph and trying not to crash. He switched lines about 5 times on the run in then all of a sudden came bursting in to the clear. It's a remarkable talent.

Edited by peasy23

Sprint stage yesterday didn't get much traction, probably the only day so far that hasn't been a great stage or at least one with a story. 

Spoiler

ITT today went to form with the Big Four taking the top four places and the World Champion winning the stage. He looked in fine fettle on the flat and even on the climb but Remco can't descend as well as the other members of the gang. Shout outs to Ben Healy and Juan Ayuso for good rides. Carlos Rodriguez lost a bit of time and will be hoping the domestiques drop down to get a top 5 finish.

Put in spoilers in case folk are waiting for the highlights tonight.