Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I cannot wait, dragging along Mrs Kinnear. She isn't a huge fan but no doubt will be by the end of Mondays gig.

Do you happen to know if the preservation hall jazz band are playing as support? I’ve seen conflicting info on ticket websites, and actual venue websites. I know they played Dublin, and are playing London but it doesn’t say anything for Glasgow.

I have two standing tickets for Public Service Broadcasting at the Usher Hall for next Saturday (14/4) but I am not going to make it. I'll give them away free to a music forum regular who genuinely wants to go (not just interested in trying to sell them on). PM me.

Not long home from Jessica Lea Mayfield at the Hug and Pint.

I've wanted to see her for the past 6 or 7 years so there was a real danger that she could never deliver a set that would meet my expectations of her.  It was good. It wasn't great. The 60 minute set, including 1 song encore, felt longer than it was. I'd have liked a couple of earlier songs to break up the drone of her guitar - a drone that was way more reverb and distortion heavy than her past 2 albums.

Good. I'd happily see her again. Just perhaps not immediately.

Arcade fire on Monday as well as the streets on Friday. Seen Arcade Fire a good few times now and they have never disappointed! Although the new album got mixed reaction I really like it.

Hoping some of the merch be decent. Got a couple of their denim jackets and they are top quality. Hope it’ll be the same in Glasgow.

14 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Not long home from Jessica Lea Mayfield at the Hug and Pint.

I've wanted to see her for the past 6 or 7 years so there was a real danger that she could never deliver a set that would meet my expectations of her.  It was good. It wasn't great. The 60 minute set, including 1 song encore, felt longer than it was. I'd have liked a couple of earlier songs to break up the drone of her guitar - a drone that was way more reverb and distortion heavy than her past 2 albums.

Good. I'd happily see her again. Just perhaps not immediately.

I was there as well, and enjoyed it. The set was a bit same-y but that encore of Seeing Stars made up for it.  Criminally empty venue though. I thought it'd be far busier than it was.

Blitzen Trapper tomorrow night then Little Comets on Wednesday. Never seen Blitzen Trapper before, and their new record is great, so really looking forward to that.

I was there as well, and enjoyed it. The set was a bit same-y but that encore of Seeing Stars made up for it.  Criminally empty venue though. I thought it'd be far busier than it was.
Blitzen Trapper tomorrow night then Little Comets on Wednesday. Never seen Blitzen Trapper before, and their new record is great, so really looking forward to that.

I just wish she'd given us something from her older albums. Maybe "You've Won Me Over" or "Kiss Me Again". Apparently there was an electrical problem at her Manchester show so she did a wholly acoustic set with a few more older songs.

I love her voice. I don't think it was given the space it deserved amongst the guitar drone.

The Streets had their first gig in Berlin last night, looked quite good from the few videos I have seen. Don't think there was any of his new stuff, seemed to mostly be OPM and A Grand Don't Come For Free. 

The Streets had their first gig in Berlin last night, looked quite good from the few videos I have seen. Don't think there was any of his new stuff, seemed to mostly be OPM and A Grand Don't Come For Free. 

Two great albums.

Definite contender for worst live performance I’ve ever seen though. Horrendous at TITP many moons ago.