Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Retro at the Rock event, scheduled for 18/19 May, which was moved from DFC stadium to Barrowlands a couple of weeks back, has now been cancelled altogether.

Organsier (Your Radio) now admitting poor ticket sales, rather than the council not issuing a licence, which was their reason for moving it to Barrowlands in the first place.

Got LA Witch at Sleazys on Wednesday, The Secret Sisters at Cottiers on Friday, The Fratellis at the Barras on Saturday, then Sunflower Bean at Stereo on Sunday. Should be a decent bank holiday weekend.

New Sunflower Bean is great. Straight up rockers, relative to the first record. Bobby Dylan jr. doesn’t sing lead vocals on any of the new tracks, as far as I can tell.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I wonder if they still bring a second drum kit along for one song?

I reckon they might do it for these shows, but they certainly didn't do it when I seen them last year.

EDIT: Definitely considering the Ally Pally show for that btw.

Edited by Mayor Wilkins III

I reckon they might do it for these shows, but they certainly didn't do it when I seen them last year.
EDIT: Definitely considering the Ally Pally show for that btw.

It’s been ten years since I’ve seen them. I would hope they’ve changed the set list since then.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

New Sunflower Bean is great. Straight up rockers, relative to the first record. Bobby Dylan jr. doesn’t sing lead vocals on any of the new tracks, as far as I can tell.

Yeah, I really like it. I think he does have a couple, towards the end of the record. Unsurprisingly, they're the worst songs on it.

Just bought a couple of Saturday & Sunday tickets for this:

MD18_Grafik_Timetable_20180329.jpg

Sunday afternoon and evening looks tremendous. Saturday I couldn't care less but the second day justifies the hassle of going that far for a gig...