Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Pixies at Camden roundhouse was decent seeing some oddities but sort of tailed off. Odd selection of filler songs too with minimal banter from Charles as expected. Some utter arseholes at the gig who are old enough to know better, don’t think I’ll be travelling to London for a gig anytime soon.

Shame. Never been to Roundhouse but looks a decent venue. You been to Dome at Tufnell Park? Got a gig there in May

16 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Shame. Never been to Roundhouse but looks a decent venue. You been to Dome at Tufnell Park? Got a gig there in May

No I think I’ve only been to the o2 and London stadium, neither of which were great. Roundhouse is a decent venue in theory, just quite a few entitled p***ks.

Aye some amazing venues around there. Underworld and Electric Ballroom. Hate when gigs are ruined by p***ks. I’m getting sleeper back after dome gig to Edinburgh than back down to Berwick- cheaper than hotel

To this point I've been to the Kentish Town Forum, Electric Brixton, O2 Brixton, Electric Ballroom, KOKO, the O2 and O2 Islington. Only time I came across dickheads was at the O2 Brixton when I went to see Helloween. Other than that, it was great atmospheres all round.

Only dickheads I've met at a London gig was some twat at Refused on their reunion tour who clearly only knew a handful of songs and stood behind me when the songs he never knew were on but barged right through me and my mates anytime a song he liked came on. Ended up pulling him up and pointing the acres of space he could walk around and stop being a dick about and he was pretty apologetic to be fair to him. Guess he got caught up in the moment.

That was at the Kentish Town forum, pretty good venue, most the venues I visit down here are all pubs or basement gigs in squats and that sorta caper. Anyone acting the arse there gets quickly turfed out

Only dickheads I've met at a London gig was some twat at Refused on their reunion tour who clearly only knew a handful of songs and stood behind me when the songs he never knew were on but barged right through me and my mates anytime a song he liked came on. Ended up pulling him up and pointing the acres of space he could walk around and stop being a dick about and he was pretty apologetic to be fair to him. Guess he got caught up in the moment.

That was at the Kentish Town forum, pretty good venue, most the venues I visit down here are all pubs or basement gigs in squats and that sorta caper. Anyone acting the arse there gets quickly turfed out

What night? I was at night one. It was incredible

Tickets sorted for Rammstein in Milton Keynes. Tried getting tickets for Berlin but that eventim site was a farce for the European dates, worked fine for the UK one.
Tried for all the German dates and Copenhagen. Eventim was indeed pish and only lonely single tickets for Copenhagen which didn't suit.

Got run coming up over the next few days. Blancmange at the Oran Mor tonight, Roy Ayers at BAaD tomorrow, Deer Tick in Stereo on Sunday, The Twilight Sad in Munich on Monday and Wand in Stereo on Tuesday.

Properly cannot wait to see The Twilight Sad again.

On 11/8/2018 at 17:44, Hampden Diehard said:
On 11/8/2018 at 15:36, MP_MFC said:
Tickets sorted for Rammstein in Milton Keynes. Tried getting tickets for Berlin but that eventim site was a farce for the European dates, worked fine for the UK one.

Tried for all the German dates and Copenhagen. Eventim was indeed pish and only lonely single tickets for Copenhagen which didn't suit.

I managed to get Milton Keynes tickets in the presale (found the LIFAD membership quite useful for tickets in the past) but wanted to see them in Munich around the wife's birthday and fucked up the dates for the presale.  Eventim were absolutely farcical (although less farcical than them doing it in-house for the Waldbuhne shows a while back).  Luckily, like they did with Waldbuhne, I was just about to give up when the second Munich date got announced, so going there too.  Fucking yass.