Gigs

pilsner_ffc

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It does, but to me it’s confusing,  both bands could easily headline that tour with a much weaker support.     I’d get a joint headline,  but a big worry over this is architects get punted to a 40 minute set which shows which is far far too short for their amazing back catalogue.

I just can’t see space in the schedule for both bands to show their all.  Even your typical 90 minute set for a headliner both can fill easily and leave you wanting more.

Just proves I'm too old for gigs now...

I have literally no idea who Architects are...not a clue...🤷🏻‍♂️

The Avalanches on Monday night at the QMU. Been wanting to see them live since the first time I heard Since I left You on MTV2 when I was still in school but they disappeared off the radar for about 16 years between albums 1 & 2 and only ever seemed to tour in Australia.

A complete joy to watch from start to finish. 

Also done a two weekender at Primavera Sound. The first Thursday was brutal with hour long bar queues, no water and no crowd control to prevent crushes. The other 5 days were tremendous. 

Felice Brothers were great at the slightly odd Botanics House (formerly Mr G’s) in Inverness.  Whisky fuelled, but gloriously anthemic as usual.   They new stuff - and new line up - seems more mature.    

B1CE94DC-C052-422D-A7CA-BE761D78C5E2.jpeg

Edited by Savage Henry

A new thing for me today.

Admiral Fallow in Alloa Library, as part of Get it Loud in Libraries.

Absolutely tremendous stuff. Quality music, lovely building, and me finding out there is more to Alloa than pie-on-a-roll at the Recs.

8874543679d6ab7ecd85b1297ee7ba00.jpge8eb5c5300766ee94b28e4ab4b6395a9.jpg
That actually looks like a brilliant wee venue.

went to see Love Revisited in Birkenhead on Saturday.  Obviously Johnny Echolls is the only member left in the band but utterly fantastic.  He did a wee Q&A before it which was mesmerising to listen to his stories -many I'd read before but theres something magical hearing stuff live from the source. 

What a set list too for the gig..all of Forever Changes then some choice cuts from the other albums. 

Was at Rag'nBone man at Newcastle racecourse on Sunday night. I actually knew more of his songs than I thought😁 but he was excellent 👌. Plus I think it was only about 40 quid admission which is better value than some of the Robbers 😄

On 27/06/2022 at 10:25, fuzzydunlop said:

went to see Love Revisited in Birkenhead on Saturday.  Obviously Johnny Echolls is the only member left in the band but utterly fantastic.  He did a wee Q&A before it which was mesmerising to listen to his stories -many I'd read before but theres something magical hearing stuff live from the source. 

What a set list too for the gig..all of Forever Changes then some choice cuts from the other albums. 

Going to see them at Mono this Friday, can't wait.

Edited by the aggressive beggar
Wrong day!

First outdoor gig in over a decade for me tomorrow, going to the Hella Mega tour -Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer - at Bellahouston. My last outdoor gig was also Green Day, down in Manchester back in 2010. 

First outdoor gig since the start of COVID for myself. Typical the weather has turned and it’ll no doubt be soaking from start to finish.

Kings of Leon at the hydro tonight for me first though.