Gigs

pilsner_ffc

4 hours ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

I got tickets for that this morning, I’ve seen both bands several times before and it should be a great night. Glad now that I didn’t make the trip to the US for their joint tour last year. 

I’ve never been to a gig at the castle either so not quite sure what to expect. 

I got tickets too, wife registered for the presale. Seen the Manics loads but never seen Suede so really looking forward to it, castle should be a cracking setting for the gig. Just hope the great Scottish summer weather Gods are kind to us 🙏🏻.

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

Good news: Manics and Suede tickets bought

Bad news: Rammstein continue to avoid coming to the UK since Brexit.

They played a couple of uk dates on their last tour, did they not? Not a band I’m at all in to, but pretty sure I remember a couple of mates going to Cardiff to see them last year. 

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

They played a couple of uk dates on their last tour, did they not? Not a band I’m at all in to, but pretty sure I remember a couple of mates going to Cardiff to see them last year. 

You’re correct. It’s Scotland they’ve avoided.

Nashville Reunion Tour at the Armadillo tonight. Four great singers playing a mix of their own material and songs from the TV show. Very enjoyable night. Jonathan Jackson's rendition of Unchained Melody goes right up there with the singular best live performances I've ever seen, absolutely sensational version of that song.

20231011_220240.jpg

On 11/10/2023 at 15:25, die hard doonhamer said:

You're right, and I was at the Cardiff gig too, however those were re-scheduled pre pandemic gigs, as in before we'd actually left the EU. Given they employ over 400 crew (across two stages) most of them touring, and have 60(!) truckloads of equipment for each show, I can completely understand why they want to/have to avoid the logistical nightmare of all the paperwork and expense that would be involved to bring everyone and everything into the UK now.

I'll be trying for tickets next week anyhow. Summer 2024 could be a very expensive time!

On 11/10/2023 at 23:38, Craig fae the Vale said:

Jonathan Jackson's rendition of Unchained Melody goes right up there with the singular best live performances I've ever seen, absolutely sensational version of that song.

20231011_220240.jpg

Haven’t heard him do that, but absolutely love his Megales Ores album 

On 11/10/2023 at 17:12, mathematics said:

You’re correct. It’s Scotland they’ve avoided.

I heard they got in a lot of shit from the council the last time they played here (in the SECC) and got told they were barred from Scotland. Whether that's true or not idk. They're still on my list as one of the 9 bands I haven't seen that I want to. Wondering if I can talk my mum into babysitting long enough to make Dublin next year.

2 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer just announced for the Hydro in June. Presale Wednesday, general sale Friday.

Was just going to post this myself.  Sould be a belting gig.

12 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer just announced for the Hydro in June. Presale Wednesday, general sale Friday.

Ooft that is a belter... but I'll be in Barcelona for Rammstein! Buzzing, and a bit poorer today.

On 15/10/2023 at 01:20, AnderooMFC said:

Wondering if I can talk my mum into babysitting long enough to make Dublin next year.

€148.50 for a Feuerzone ticket, €144 for the privilege of a seat. General standing somewhere between €110 and €120 I think, plus the cost of getting to Dublin, and then the hotels massively inflating their rates. €300 a night for a Premier Inn apparently.

Tickets for Prague and Belgrade are significantly cheaper if you fancy making a trip out of it, both places around £70. General sale starts Wednesday at 10am UK time.

On 12/10/2023 at 22:34, Craig fae the Vale said:

Future Palace and Venues at Audio tonight in a double bill of German post-hardcore/metalcore. Two blistering performances.  

Venues officially the coolest people and the most attractive band on the scene!

20231012_203010.jpg

20231012_195928.jpg

Saw them support Electric Callboy in Warsaw earlier this year and they were excellent. 

In related news only one week till Electric Callboy are in Glasgow. It will be my third time seeing them this year and I doubt they'll disappoint. Such a fun live band.

21 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Tickets for Prague and Belgrade are significantly cheaper if you fancy making a trip out of it, both places around £70. General sale starts Wednesday at 10am UK time.

Yeah but flights to there are over 200 right now, plus whatever their hotels are. Think I'll stick to Dublin, then at least I know the language. Found a hotel that's only 120ish. Might even chance bus journeys and then don't need a passport lol.