Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Just out of the soundcheck for Corey Taylor, buzzing for the rest of the gig now.

ETA Gig was amazing, one of my top 3 ever, Oxymorrons were supporting and were also excellent (which is a bonus as it gives me another band to see at the worst Download ever next year 😂) also managed to come away with a few souvenirs.

20231112_211515.jpg

Screenshot_20231113_102306_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Empty It

29 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

If your picture had included about three feet to the right of that frame you'd have had me in it! Superb night, though I wasn't a fan of the support one bit!

Aye, if you're not into straight up hardcore punk then they probably weren't for you. I liked them, but I'm into that stuff. Was a great gig.

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

Astbury & Duffy we’re just phenomenal doing the Death Cult stuff @theBarras last night.

CBC922A3-7FD3-42EE-BA80-7431CC3EFF75.jpeg

AF0378DC-1B47-4869-894B-414D5CD13746.jpeg

Resurrection Joe, Spiritwalker and Moya highlights for me. Tremendous energy in place.

Astbury on about getting the bus to Milton as his granny used to live there 😆

Going to see Spanish alt Rock band Surfin' Bichos in Barcelona tomorrow night. Something that should be a wee bit different, looking forward to it.

Tickets for King Tut's New Year's Revolution festival go on sale tomorrow, planning on picking some up for headline shows by Tina Sandwich and San Jose. Love to give these young Scottish bands the support.

Went to see Little Simz at The Academy a week or so ago. She was fucking unreal and has a lot of confidence in herself, rightly so imo, and I think she’ll go all the way. Visually class gig too. 10/10. I had to pay £2.95 for a 1/2 pint of ice with a dash of Pepsi though.

Edited by Smurph

Queens of the Stone Age at the Hydro tonight. From the very top of the top tier. Absolutely incredible stuff. Lost Art of Keeping a Secret, Better Living Through Chemistry and A Song For the Dead were highlights, but honestly not a weak spot at all.

Support from The Chats who were an absolute delight and deep tan who were ok, but a bit weird.

20231118_210842.jpg

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

4 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Queens of the Stone Age at the Hydro tonight. From the very top of the top tier. Absolutely incredible stuff. Lost Art of Keeping a Secret, Better Living Through Chemistry and A Song For the Dead were highlights, but honestly not a weak spot at all.

Support from The Chats who were an absolute delight and deep tan who were ok, but a bit weird.

20231118_210842.jpg

I was on the floor for this, dead centre. When I started reading your comment I thought you were saying Queens of the Stone Age were from the very top tier, and if you were I would whole heartedly agree!

To paraphrase Dave Grohl... there may be bands who have a better stage show with crazy lights and pyrotechnics, there may be bands who have bigger hits, but there's not many bands who can rock out better than Queens of the Stone Age.

This was a top tier band at the top of their game, no need for anything fancy, just 5 guys playing awesome rock n roll, and playing it very well. Josh Homme said Jon Theodore was one of the best drummers of all time, that's a bold statement, but he's certainly one of the best of the modern era, absolutely flawless. Great gig!

Support - missed Deep Tan, usually a criminal offence for me to miss a support, but from what I'd discovered from research before the gig, I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it. The Chats were fun. At first they didn't seem to be ready for this big a venue, and I'm not sure fast punk fits well in a big boomy arena, but the sound improved as the set went on, and they definitely had the charisma to deserve to be at this level.

ETA: wrong of me to comment on The Chats' sound and not QOTSA's - perfect from the first note, which is a big achievement in The Hydro. Credit to the sound crew on a job very well done.

Edited by DG.Roma

10 minutes ago, mathematics said:

QOTSA were immense last night, helped by Josh’s seemingly genuine love for the Scottish audience.

seemingly genuine... it can be hard to tell what's genuine and what's not in normal life never-mind in managed events. If anyone is going to be genuine you'd think it would be someone like Homme, but anyone in the mainstream I always have to take with a pinch of salt unfortunately and so maybe it's just a well cultivated persona built up over decades of gigs that allow him to give customers what they want. 😁

Edited by 2426255

8 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

I was on the floor for this, dead centre. When I started reading your comment I thought you were saying Queens of the Stone Age were from the very top tier, and if you were I would whole heartedly agree!

To paraphrase Dave Grohl... there may be bands who have a better stage show with crazy lights and pyrotechnics, there may be bands who have bigger hits, but there's not many bands who can rock out better than Queens of the Stone Age.

This was a top tier band at the top of their game, no need for anything fancy, just 5 guys playing awesome rock n roll, and playing it very well. Josh Homme said Jon Theodore was one of the best drummers of all time, that's a bold statement, but he's certainly one of the best of the modern era, absolutely flawless. Great gig

I did mean it was a show from the top tier of the top tier. Absolutely incredible stuff.

QOTSA were brilliant. They're just so tight in replicating their studio recordings, especially with songs like God Is In The Radio which must be tough to coordinate. Everyone on the same page at all times.

A few surprises in there that I didn't expect them to play; Better Living Through Chemistry and Sick Sick Sick back to back was a joy.

Opening with No One Knows was unexpected as well, and then ending with 3 crackers from SFTD. Couldn't have asked for much more. As per the chat above, "top tier" it most certainly was.

A bit late with this. 

Prodigy in Glasow last Thursday.  Not the same energy without Keith Flint but fun night nevertheless.

Rammlied at Beat Generator in Dundee this coming Saturday.

Trying to book hotel in Glasgow for Celtic Connections on 20th Jan.

20231116_210847.thumb.jpg.671ffb58db183b48880379729ab80998.jpg

Edited by Sugar_Army

Bob Mould, solo, at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh. Seen him with Hüsker Dü, Sugar and a couple of times with band, and as always a brilliant gig. Usual mix of HD, Sugar and solo stuff. The energy he has for a 63 year old is something else. First time at the Liquid Rooms, really good place for a gig.  

IMG_6320.jpeg