Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 13/06/2024 at 08:00, cb_diamond said:

Jimmy Chamberlain is an absolute god.

One of my favourite drummers, an absolute master. Watching him was almost worth the price of admission alone.

Was also nice to see Billy Corgan enjoying himself.

Edit: Turned Billy Corgan into a Vogon, his poetry isn't that bad.

Edited by ManBearPig

20 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Anyone able to give parking recommendations for Bellahouston? I’m going to Green Day there in a couple of weeks. Was at their gig there 2 years ago and parked at Ibrox, but it was a nightmare to get out of the car park there. Anyone any decent suggestions for a swifter getaway?

I work in the industrial estate at Kinning Park and the parking here is busy, but fine when it comes to gigs and Rangers games, I'd just check here. You can walk to Bellahouston in less than 10 mins.

19 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The Asda car park across the motorway is probably better for that. If nothing else you'll be quicker going from Bellahouston, through the underpass back to your car than you would at Ibrox.

Don't do that, fines galore now and a nightmare to get out of!

19 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

Can anyone reassure me the phone signal is good in o2 academy??

It's generally OK, but can get a bit patchy when you're in a packed out area. Looks as if you've got full bars, but struggle to send anything requiring the Internet. WhatsApp can be a nightmare, but phone and old school texting usually fine

Toying with MSP in Edinbugh in July as tickets left. Saw them in Barrowlands when first moved to Glasgow. Having never experienced a crowd surge before 🙈 

On 14/06/2024 at 13:12, Craig fae the Vale said:

It's generally OK, but can get a bit patchy when you're in a packed out area. Looks as if you've got full bars, but struggle to send anything requiring the Internet. WhatsApp can be a nightmare, but phone and old school texting usually fine

Good detail!

As it turned out, streaming the football was close to impossible. 

Bikini Kill very good

Foos tomorrow and I genuinely don't know if I can be bothered, Monday night, chance of rain, Hampden. Plus their output over the past decade and a half is utterly "meh". Will end up going but can see it being my last time.

15 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Foos tomorrow and I genuinely don't know if I can be bothered, Monday night, chance of rain, Hampden. Plus their output over the past decade and a half is utterly "meh". Will end up going but can see it being my last time.

Finally, I read/hear someone who has the same view on them as me!

I have 2 tickets for the Reds, Pinks & Purples at Mono on Wednesday night if anyone would rather go to that than watch Scotland v Switzerland? They are absolutely free. Should be an excellent gig.

Foos was definitely a gig of two halves. They sounded great first half with plenty of well known moments, Dave Grohl is a proper rock star,  the wee acoustic bit seemed to kill the sound a bit second half, was very boomy and indistinct, this coupled to an unbelievably filler/piss break heavy home stretch killed it for me a bit. Far too much pissing about also. 20 minutes to introduce the band? Guns n Roses territory 

Two big takeaways. First Josh Freese is a spectacular upgrade on Taylor Hawkins. I liked Hawkins a lot but JF is a BEAST. 

Secondly, I'm pretty certain that not a single person in the 60,000 odd folk there went to that gig thinking "d'yknow what would hugely improve my Foo Fighters experience, hearing Dave Grohl's nepo baby daughter caterwauling horribly over an atrocious mid paced new song". She is dreadful. So is that song.

Another absolute all timer tonight with Machine Head at the Galvanizers at SWG3. A career spanning two hours that didn't drop in quality once. Rob Flynn is a Metal God. What a performance. 

Support came from local metallers The Colony, who unfortunately weren't great, but I think most of the crowd had forgotten about them completely by 10 minutes into Machine Head's set (I genuinely just had to look up their name to post this)

20240617_213156.jpg

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Foos was definitely a gig of two halves. They sounded great first half with plenty of well known moments, Dave Grohl is a proper rock star,  the wee acoustic bit seemed to kill the sound a bit second half, was very boomy and indistinct, this coupled to an unbelievably filler/piss break heavy home stretch killed it for me a bit. Far too much pissing about also. 20 minutes to introduce the band? Guns n Roses territory 

Two big takeaways. First Josh Freese is a spectacular upgrade on Taylor Hawkins. I liked Hawkins a lot but JF is a BEAST. 

Secondly, I'm pretty certain that not a single person in the 60,000 odd folk there went to that gig thinking "d'yknow what would hugely improve my Foo Fighters experience, hearing Dave Grohl's nepo baby daughter caterwauling horribly over an atrocious mid paced new song". She is dreadful. So is that song.

I found the sound to be a bit all over the place all night. Just when you thought they'd got on top of it, it would all go a bit wrong again. 

Took out two eldest and whilst the youngest (8) was flagging a bit towards the end they both loved it. Even with "all the swears".

Monkey Wrench is still my favourite Foo's song. 

Mdou Moctar at Thalia Hall tomorrow night. Was quite happy just going by myself but it turns out my downstairs neighbor’s going too so I’ll chum an Uber down with him and save getting the bus. 

On 17/06/2024 at 23:17, cb_diamond said:

Foos was definitely a gig of two halves. They sounded great first half with plenty of well known moments, Dave Grohl is a proper rock star,  the wee acoustic bit seemed to kill the sound a bit second half

Sounded great to me but I was at barrier, right side of the catwalk. There was a lull for me personally within it though. Some of the ones I am less familiar with and also seemed to last about 10 minutes.
Don't think his daughter's that bad either. And if I was him I would do exactly the same.

On 18/06/2024 at 00:26, KnightswoodBear said:

Monkey Wrench is still my favourite Foo's song. 

Video'd that one. Monkey Wrench (now with added HWFG and No Scotland No Party)

Edited by AnderooMFC

Back from Download yesterday, despite the shite weather what a weekend personal highlights were Pantera, Fit For A King, Limp Bizkit & Zebraheads secret acoustic set in the village area of the campsite, already got my tickets for next year.

I just booked a ticket for Travis at Fat Sams in July.

Can't say that I'm their biggest fan. Apart from their early hits they have pretty much passed me by. Not many big names come to Dundee though... so I'm willing to check them and support the local scene.