Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I think there was a couple of people that mentioned going to Interpol a few pages back. Maybe worth trying to find out if this is still definitely happening. Carlos got taken to hospital last night and they cancelled Newcastle at the last minute [8.30, with all the fans in the venue I gather]. Rumour is that a tech for the band said the chances of thm playing are "high", but I would't take that as gospel obviously. I can't get through to the Corn exchange to find out. Gutting if this is off. :(

Edited by Hughsie

Went to the chili's gig at hampen last night night.

First up were "reverend and the makers" , and man, they were pish. Cocky frontman giving all the hand gestures, and when he was booed, he asked the crowd "dont you like us then?" errrm, no!

Then we had biffy clyro - first time i've saw them live, but they were excellent. Only gripe was that they didnt play "questions and answers".

The chili peppers - good set, with a mixture of old and new thrown in. "cant stop" was the highlight song of the night for me. For some reason though, they didnt play "under the bridge".

Couple of nags about the gig - over-priced food and drink, and daft wee neds banging into folk.

I was at Hampden last night as well, and I have to say I thought the whole thing was pretty average.

Caught the end of Reverend and the Makers, and what I heard was pish. I was very disappointed with Biffy Clyro, and I had been really looking forward to them too :(

The whole Chilis set just felt and sounded as though they were going through the motions, and their Pink Floyd-esque solos and pissing about during the encore just got boring. And no Under the Bridge is unforgivable.

Andthe amount of fucking zoomers that were there was unbelivable. There was one young guy dancing about next to me with one of those pink cowboy hats on, and he couldn't have bitten his lip if you asked him to.

And there was a middle aged guy in front of me who had pissed himself. I took pictures. :lol: If I can be arsed later I'll post them

I was at Hampden last night as well, and I have to say I thought the whole thing was pretty average.

Caught the end of Reverend and the Makers, and what I heard was pish. I was very disappointed with Biffy Clyro, and I had been really looking forward to them too :(

The whole Chilis set just felt and sounded as though they were going through the motions, and their Pink Floyd-esque solos and pissing about during the encore just got boring. And no Under the Bridge is unforgivable.

Andthe amount of fucking zoomers that were there was unbelivable. There was one young guy dancing about next to me with one of those pink cowboy hats on, and he couldn't have bitten his lip if you asked him to.

And there was a middle aged guy in front of me who had pissed himself. I took pictures. :lol: If I can be arsed later I'll post them

Was the guy that pissed himself a guy with a yellow tracky top with blue trousers and a cap, with a tash and glasses? he was standing near me and he smelled a bit, we had to move :lol:

Have a few gigs coming up and a right mixture they are too!

In October, The Enemy and Amy MacDonald at Fat Sams' in Dundee and then Editors at the Music Hall in Aberdeen.

November sees me taking in Biffy Clyro again in Sams', then it's off to Barrowlands to see the drug-addled Amy Winehouse, if she turns up!

• 2 weeks later...
Possibly Marlow in Aberdeen on Saturday

Idlewild in October in Inverness

Shed Seven in November in Inverness

Probably all of those plus :

Franz Ferdinand on Monday at The Raigmore, Inverness

Manics in Aberdeen Music Hall on 2nd December

We Are Scientists at The Ironworks,Inverness on 9th December