Gigs

pilsner_ffc

• 2 weeks later...
He wasn't too bad, but not brilliant either.

Massive amount of needless guitar wanking.

Yeah, he was decent, looked (and sounded) a bit like an electric guitar playing version of David Sneddon!

Skynyrd were great for a bunch of old guys, although after the first five songs (all of which were from their greatest hits album) to say, "now for a medley of some of our biggest hits (of which they were less known than the first five)" was a bit daft!

Some bitch kept moaning cos the stewards were asking her to sit down as we couldn't see, and my knee was too sore to stand for 90 minutes! If you wanted to stand, you could have gone to the cheap seats (just a term for the stalls, I don't think they were any cheaper) where everybody was standing!

Same, do you know if there's a support band on or anything?

After tonight there's no more gigs for me until Download in 2 weeks. B)

No idea, BombSkare supported them last time they played here. I saw a photo of you on the morton site a while ago so if I see you tonight I'll say hello.

Not a gig as such, in fact not really a gig at all, but I was given a free ticket to see the stage production of Quadrophenia at Edinburgh's Festival Theatre a couple of nights back. It was my first experience of Rock Opera and I found the whole experience hugely confusing.

Still, it's always nice to see people dancing in their Mod finery.

• 3 weeks later...

few good gigs coming up. The Bouncing Souls at the Cathouse on Sunday then that's it for a while. Failsafe in July then hopefully The Wickerman Festival (if i come back from holiday with some money)

August

17th Mike TV (Ivory Blacks)

25th New Found Glory (Garage)

27th Mad Caddies (Cathouse)

September

1st The Flatliners/Mike TV (Twisted Wheel)

9th A Wilhelm Scream (King Tuts)

October

5th The King Blues (King Tuts)

15th Frank Turner (QMU)

Most looking forward to Frank Turner and New Found Glory, because it's such a tiny venue for a band of the size :)

Edited by Stuboy

Mine :D

TvRevo in Box tonight.

Not heard good things about Box , but ill needa wait and see

Box is OK. There's usually a reasonable crowd, but the sound can sometimes be haphazard. We've played there a few times and it's ranged from "decent" to "poor".

Good to see you've named a song after Razorlight's tune.

Box is OK. There's usually a reasonable crowd, but the sound can sometimes be haphazard. We've played there a few times and it's ranged from "decent" to "poor".

Good to see you've named a song after Razorlight's tune.

Razor light suck baws! I really cant stand that band. Its just the name of the song and i just play the drums , I dont write em but I like playing that song! Crackin fun song to play

Razor light suck baws! I really cant stand that band. Its just the name of the song and i just play the drums , I dont write em but I like playing that song! Crackin fun song to play

I'll have a listen when I get in the house.

What sort of stuff is it you do?

On topic, I'm going to see FRANKMUSIK at King Tuts (17th July).

Mine :D

TvRevo in Box tonight.

Not heard good things about Box , but ill needa wait and see

If Gorman is doing the sound you'll be fine. It should be quite a good crowd as well seeing as it's a Friday. I'd come along but I have a mates birthday tonight in my mates pub. I've still not seen this new band live.

Is Suzie still the booker in Box?

And Cesc, I think you'll find Razorlight took the title from the mighty Rammstein!

If Gorman is doing the sound you'll be fine. It should be quite a good crowd as well seeing as it's a Friday. I'd come along but I have a mates birthday tonight in my mates pub. I've still not seen this new band live.

Is Suzie still the booker in Box?

And Cesc, I think you'll find Razorlight took the title from the mighty Rammstein!

Last time we were there is was "The Dude" who was doing the sound. Incredibly, he asked us to refer to him as "The Dude" or "Dude" instead of his Christian name. Very Big Lebowski.

We still get e-mails on MySpace from Suzie asking us to play shows. She's a wee piece if I remember correctly.

Rammstein nicked it from that band who sang A Horse With No Name!