Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Who was supporting, was it Miles Kane? Miles Kane is a top lad.

Also, did they play any of "Who the f**k Are Arctic Monkeys" or any B-sides? I'm guessing the answer is no, sadly.

It was The Vaccines. They were really good.

Arctic Monkeys were OK. I'm not a massive fan of anything after the first album so I'm probably not the best person to give a balanced review. There new stuff doesn't really do anything for me. The ticket was free and it was a good excuse for a piss up in Aberdeen so I can't really complain.

The Vaccines were really good actually, started to get into them recently and their music is pretty decent.

I'm a huge fan of the Arctic Monkeys, and I love Suck it and See so Sunday night was perfect. They didn't do any B-sides, I sort of expected them to do 'Leave before the lights come on' but they didn't.

They did do that new song 'Evil twin,' good song.

Fozzy tonight at the Cathouse. I just bought the ticket as I fancied a night out in Glasgow and my mates are off to see Evanescence and Arctic Monkeys so needed something to do while they were there.

The Arctic Monkeys were the fucking tits. I've not been to many gigs compared to the majority of people but it's certainly the best one I've been at (or joint best).

Great set, and they played a few songs from Favourite Worst Nightmare (IMO, their best album), a few from Whatever People Say... (the usual suspects but that's no bad thing), a couple from Humbug and a selection from the new album. A bit of everything really. Not a weak song on show, and they finished with 505, which was terrific.

That said, Alex Turner reminded me of Ray Winstone in Quadrophenia. Must have been the hair and leather jacket.

The Arctic Monkeys were the fucking tits. I've not been to many gigs compared to the majority of people but it's certainly the best one I've been at (or joint best).

Great set, and they played a few songs from Favourite Worst Nightmare (IMO, their best album), a few from Whatever People Say... (the usual suspects but that's no bad thing), a couple from Humbug and a selection from the new album. A bit of everything really. Not a weak song on show, and they finished with 505, which was terrific.

That said, Alex Turner reminded me of Ray Winstone in Quadrophenia. Must have been the hair and leather jacket.

They really were brilliant. "Suck It and See" was the highlight for me.

Yeah, Arctic Monkeys were very good, they've definitely got over their 'can't be arsed being famous so we'll sulk instead' phase. They now have such a formidable back catalogue that they're set up to do excellent and different live sets until they split, pretty much.

At the last minute I decided to go to the Arctic Monkeys at the AECC in Sunday. The Vaccines are horrific but I've always known that. The Arctic Monkeys put on a good performance, worth the entry fee but I felt it wasn't the most spectacular thing ever however that's being harsh on what was a decent gig with good "moshpits" (don't think you can really call a moshpit a moshpit unless it's at a metal gig).

Going to see the Smashing Pumpkins on Sunday. Hopefully be a good one.

Same. Didn't think I'd make it but today learned I'm going. Last time I saw 'them' I was disappointed but now I think I've come to terms with it not being the old Pumpkins, more like a new Corgan band really - and i think some of the new stuff is really decent. My pals are supporting so naturally I would urge anyone going to go early, they are brilliant (Ringo Deathstarr).

Have to agree with everyone else, Arctic Monkeys was excellent and that's the first time I can say the crowd hasn't been shite at an SECC gig. Crying Lightning, Pretty Visitors and View From The Afternoon were highlights for me.

See this concerned me, I've heard that sometimes the crowds can be shit there. Having never been to the SECC before for a gig, and having only been to the AECC once, I wasn't sure how the big hall would work.

It turned out quite well though, however I usually try to avoid the area where everyone is jumping around and chucking stuff so I'm probably not the best person to judge a crowd. Everybody was up for a sing-song though, but if I hear "Here we, here we, here we fucking go" one more time then I will kill <_<

Received an early birthday present from my girlfriend, a ticket to Aidan Moffat and Bill Wells Christmas show at The Arches on the 20th of December. Can't wait!:D

It's a good venue but it's not that good for gigs.