Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Superb gig.

They played quite alot of new songs, about 6 or 7 I reckon but they sound like they're back to their best with those. This Modern Love, Banquet, Hunting For Witches and Like Eating Glass were all top notch and finishing on Flux was a happy moment for me. Kele looked like he was enjoying himself. The crowd were decent as well.

I would pay to go to the gig just for that. My third favourite song. Flux is top notch too.

• 1 month later...

Just been to the Outside Lands festival in San Francisco where I saw the following.

White denim

Papa

Tanlines

Fitz and the Tantrums

Beck

Foo Fighters

Neil young

Corey Chisel and the wandering sons 

Yellow Ostrich

animal kingdom

Be good Tanyas

Father John misty

Explosions in the sky

The oh sees

Passion pit

Sigur Ros

Jovanotti

Tom Morello; The Night Watchman 

Trampled by turtles

City and colour

Regina Spector

Jack White

Stevie wonder 

With the exception of the dreadful Passion Pit, and the rather bland Fitz and the Tantrums, I don't think there was a bad set there. Particular highlights though were Neil Young, Sigur Ros, Tom Morello and Beck, along with the alt country of Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons

• 2 weeks later...

Going go see my mates band Herculean support Silver Springs at Blackfriar's for their 25th birthday (I think? something like that) on Friday. First gig in ages, and it isn't even a proper one...

B. Dolan at nice n sleazy's on wednesday

Amazing gig even more so that it was free due to the promoter making a c**t of things and B Dolan decided as he was here to play for free anyway.

Edited to add, featured the most bizarre warm up act I've ever seen

Edited by uberman