Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Quite fancied this but SECC... really? I didn't think they were that big. Will need to mull this one over

They're big enough for that, they've already added extra dates in London and Manchester

Got tickets for Therapy? in November, they are playing the Garage.

Also got tickets for the first night of Ocean Colour Scene at the ABC in February. Tried to get tickets for the Friday, but must be sold out already!

The 90's are still popular ;)

Quite fancy Therapy?, more of a fan of the very early stuff though, pre teethgrinder stuff

Therapy? were shocking supporting Skindred earlier in the year. I was really looking forward to seeing them, but they appeared to have turned into Green Day. Really really poor.

I'm going to Halestorm on Sunday. Forgot I had booked the tickets until they arrived yesterday. Wee swatch at Lzzy in a wee venue. No bad!

Therapy? were shocking supporting Skindred earlier in the year. I was really looking forward to seeing them, but they appeared to have turned into Green Day. Really really poor.

I'm going to Halestorm on Sunday. Forgot I had booked the tickets until they arrived yesterday. Wee swatch at Lzzy in a wee venue. No bad!

they were awesome at Newcastle on that tour - not sure about Green Day comparrisons - new stuff sounded more Fugazi-esque to me

Muse, Band of Horses, Frank Turner and Beth Orton coming up in the next few months.

For the poster above i was at the MEN in Manchester for Pearl Jam and thought it was great for such a big venue. I'd expect the same of The Hydro in Glasgow when it's finished as it's being built specifically with gigs in mind.

Edited by Northsea80

Managed to get tickets for me and my mate to go and see Jake Bugg at the Glasgow Academy in February next year. Was initially the ABC - which I was buzzing for as it's my joint favourite Glasgow venue along with the Barras - but due to the presale selling out quicker than anticipated it's been upgraded to the Academy (which I've only been to once for Reel Big Fish back in January 2010, was ok but not the best venue imo). Although it's ages away, I'm fairly excited for it since he still seems to be just at the point where he's not a big name yet but well-heard to have more than a cult following, if you get my drift. Whether or not he'll be any good live is a different matter, but since I haven't been at a decent-sized gig in Glasgow in ages then I'm fairly excited.

Managed to get tickets for me and my mate to go and see Jake Bugg at the Glasgow Academy in February next year. Was initially the ABC - which I was buzzing for as it's my joint favourite Glasgow venue along with the Barras - but due to the presale selling out quicker than anticipated it's been upgraded to the Academy (which I've only been to once for Reel Big Fish back in January 2010, was ok but not the best venue imo). Although it's ages away, I'm fairly excited for it since he still seems to be just at the point where he's not a big name yet but well-heard to have more than a cult following, if you get my drift. Whether or not he'll be any good live is a different matter, but since I haven't been at a decent-sized gig in Glasgow in ages then I'm fairly excited.

I got tickets in the presale, but didn't realise it had been moved. The abc would definitely be better for an acoustic orientated gig, although it'll be pretty impressive if he manages to sell out the academy.

I saw him support Noel Gallagher in Belfast and he played a pretty solid and enjoyable set, but he was a bit nervous in between songs and didn't have an awful lot of interaction with the crowd. That said though, he's still young and it was an outdoor gig in front of a lot of people. In all honesty, we were probably a little more eager to watch his set then we were to watch Noel's and it didn't disappoint.

• 2 weeks later...