Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Yes, excellent. Best Biffy set I've seen for a long time, and all the better because it was mainly just stuff off Blackened Sky and Puzzle. I thought The Enemy gig seemed more hoaching but then we stuck to the back for the Biffy gig.

Great when it's such a young crowd too, you can get to the bar easier. :lol:

You guys thought it was good? I honestly thought it was pretty pish. Granted im not much of a fan thats the 4th time ive seen them and it was the most bored ive been.

My girlfriend (who was an uberfan a few years ago) has now seen Biffy 35 (yes, Thirty-Five in pools panel stylee) times and she wasnt impressed. Neither was my mate Dave whos also a fan.

Ach well. Different strokes and all that.

Edited by RayBees

I've seen Biffy Clyro gigs where they really haven't done anything for me at all but as I say this set was, for me, pretty much full of the best stuff. Certainly better than any gig I've seen them do when they were doing a lot of stuff off the middle two albums.... because they're full of very average stuff, IMO.

Smashing Pumpkins were pretty decent tonight, but nowhere near worth the £30 they were charging!

Oh, and f**k the SECC for charging handling fees for tickets bought with cash at the box office on the day of the show! :angry:

Saw Pete and the Pirates tonight having been dragged along by a mate.

Thought they were actually pretty good, and also spotted 2/4th's of FF there, I presume they may be about to tour with them or something.

A new FF tour would rock my socks.

I wish theyd hurry up with this new album!

A new FF tour would rock my socks.

I wish theyd hurry up with this new album!

They obviously spend too much time goijng to gigs for that, thats twice in a month I've seen AK and the bass player at a gig. Presumably their back in Glasgow writing/jamming though.

my mates band were supporting, did you catch them?

Thought they were quite good

Smashing Pumpkins were pretty decent tonight, but nowhere near worth the £30 they were charging!

Oh, and f**k the SECC for charging handling fees for tickets bought with cash at the box office on the day of the show!

The Pumpkins are one of my favourite bands, so I didn't mind paying the £30 to see them. Thought the songs they played were great and when Corgan plays songs like 1979 by himself accoustically, he is a legend. But all this pissing about with guitars halfway during songs does my head in after a while. Maybe it a sign of getting old :lol:

The SECC are thieving b******* as well for charging £4.50 for a car parking space.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

I'm going to see a 4 piece band with a male singer and other male members and they are going to sing about how they see life (in their immature age group) and how their generation will/could change things, perhaps a few sloppy love songs to keep the gals happy and of course the obligatory anthem songs.

zzzzzzzzz.

Thought they were quite good

The Pumpkins are one of my favourite bands, so I didn't mind paying the £30 to see them. Thought the songs they played were great and when Corgan plays songs like 1979 by himself accoustically, he is a legend. But all this pissing about with guitars halfway during songs does my head in after a while. Maybe it a sign of getting old :lol:

The SECC are thieving b******* as well for charging £4.50 for a car parking space.

Not as bad as the ABC who have charged me a fiver extra for two tickets for Nazareth's 40th Anniversary gig next Friday. And they've got a fucking pish website!! :angry:

IU was just warming to BC till they brought out that dire dire song about digging holes.

If there's one thing Biffy do its divide opinion...

I thought Machines ('I would dig a thousand holes') was the perfect end to their last album, strange choice of single though and maybe that's why it was edited (ruined IMO) for radio.

twin atlantic

The guy on the XFM rock show was talking these up, the song he played sounded OK.

Next gig for me Band of Horses

Handy hint for anyone going to SECC. Park outside Stereo in Kelvinhaugh Street (Although I don't THINK it's called Strereo now think it's The 78). Anyway park there, it's well lit and very safe. Walk down Kelvinhaugh Street towards Clyde. There is a footbridge over Main road which takes you in to SECC car park. Literally a 5 minute walk from the pub.

It is only 2 minutes off M8 and saves £4.50 plus no hassle of queing to get out car park. It's near Charing X.

If there's one thing Biffy do its divide opinion...

I thought Machines ('I would dig a thousand holes') was the perfect end to their last album, strange choice of single though and maybe that's why it was edited (ruined IMO) for radio.

Maybe I just don't see how digging 1000(or is it 2000?) holes is going to help you lay down next to anybody. Unless you're a gravedigger of somesort.

I've seen Biffy Clyro gigs where they really haven't done anything for me at all but as I say this set was, for me, pretty much full of the best stuff. Certainly better than any gig I've seen them do when they were doing a lot of stuff off the middle two albums.... because they're full of very average stuff, IMO.

Infinity Land is IMO their best album by a country mile.

Puzzle has certainly divided their fanbase, can't get excited about it I'm afraid

The guy on the XFM rock show was talking these up, the song he played sounded OK.

yea they seem to be doing quite well the now. not seen sam or ross in a while but last time i spoke to them they were pretty excited about what they had coming up.

pretty sure they are in this weeks or last weeks kerrang aswell.