Gigs

pilsner_ffc

The balcony at the Academy is great. As is the rest of the venue. It's really brilliant. Can't wait for tonight as a result. Both supports seem a bit shite to me. Especially I Am the Avalanche. I'll give them both a chance though.

Same man. Not been excited for a gig like this for a long time. Any idea how long Brand New have been playing for on this tour?

The balcony at the Academy is great. As is the rest of the venue. It's really brilliant. Can't wait for tonight as a result. Both supports seem a bit shite to me. Especially I Am the Avalanche. I'll give them both a chance though.

I'll usually only give the main support act a chance, the first one tends to be shite so I go a bit later in the hope of missing it...

Sadly caught Logan once supporting Alter Bridge and every crap band supporting Fozzy at the Cathouse.

Managed to avoid Joan Jett though!

Think I'll phone the Academy and see the running list for Thursday; the first support are a band from Birmingham who on Youtube sound no better than a band of students playing in their parents garage. May give Halestorm a chance as they are a band that at least I've heard of...

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

Kerrang tour was pretty sick...While She Sleeps were the best band of the night for me. Pure passion, spirit and energy, and it felt so personal with the small group of diehard fans screaming along and moshing at the front. Just a pity their set was so short.

I never seen either of the supports. They both seem a bit shite.

Only downside to last night was the pricy of the bevvy. Daylight robbery.

The X-Certs weren't bad, I Am The Avalanche were a bit shit though. Surprisingly large crowd there to see the support though, usually it's pretty empty for the first support act but a lot of people seemed to be fans.

The Xcerts were a bit dull from what I seen of them, but it was inoffensive stuff. Didn't mind it. I Am the Avalanche sent me into a downward spiral of despair. Thank f**k Brand New pulled out Devil and God stuff right off the bat or I'd never have been won back!

Agreed with JamboMikey and DomDom, Brand New were absolutely superb, one of the best gigs I've been to in a long time.

Just a shame my ankle's badly swollen so I had to stand and admire from afar rather than going mental up at the front.

Heard they were shite, my mate went along with Shinedown and said they were rotten!

I never seen either of the supports. They both seem a bit shite.

Only downside to last night was the pricy of the bevvy. Daylight robbery.

Was it The Academy? Was there last week for Two Door and they were charging £3.80 for a pint of Carlsberg.

With respect, your mate is a moron. :)

She tends to like people who can sing, which rules out Brand New. The lead singer sounds like someone has just punched him and broken his nose.

I suppose when you are going to hear two people who actually can sing like Lzzy Hale (not a fan of Halestorm but they were really good) and Brent Smith then him being tone-deaf would have been more evident.