Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Agreed with JamboMikey and DomDom, Brand New were absolutely superb, one of the best gigs I've been to in a long time.

Just a shame my ankle's badly swollen so I had to stand and admire from afar rather than going mental up at the front.

Heard they were shite, my mate went along with Shinedown and said they were rotten!

I never seen either of the supports. They both seem a bit shite.

Only downside to last night was the pricy of the bevvy. Daylight robbery.

Was it The Academy? Was there last week for Two Door and they were charging £3.80 for a pint of Carlsberg.

With respect, your mate is a moron. :)

She tends to like people who can sing, which rules out Brand New. The lead singer sounds like someone has just punched him and broken his nose.

I suppose when you are going to hear two people who actually can sing like Lzzy Hale (not a fan of Halestorm but they were really good) and Brent Smith then him being tone-deaf would have been more evident.

Went to Justice on Sunday,and like everyone else, thought it was absolutely excellent, spent an absolute fortune all weekend and we were kittied up, so ddn't really notice the expense, but the gig itself was ace, we were in the fourth row on the balcony and no-one sat down or stopped moving outside the front tw rows who were made to.

Went to see Noel Gallagher back here on Tuesday as well, incredible as you'd expect. The man is an absolute hero and the band are pretty tight too, so was a very good gig. You know you've got one hell of a back catalogue when you can miss off Wonderwall from your set on Valentines, the roof nearly came off during the first chorus of 'Don't Look Back in Anger'.

Scroobius Pip on the 29th in the Arches next...can't wait.

She tends to like people who can sing, which rules out Brand New. The lead singer sounds like someone has just punched him and broken his nose.

I suppose when you are going to hear two people who actually can sing like Lzzy Hale (not a fan of Halestorm but they were really good) and Brent Smith then him being tone-deaf would have been more evident.

Na, she's a moron.

Was at Theory of a Deadman gig last night @ QMU :D

The 1st support band, The Constellations, were from Glasgow & said they'd only been given the support gig 2 days beforehand - despite this I thought they were pretty decent and the singer can actually sing (when he could be heard clearly over the guitars)

The 2nd support band, The Crave, were a bit shite IMO but they said it was the 2nd time they'd supported ToaD on a UK tour so someone must like them.

Theory themselves were really good.

They were on a par with Alter Bridge at the SECC in November and they didn't disappoint when given the more time bands get from a headlining gig, there were only 2 songs from early albums I didn't recognise.

Highlights were the encore of Hate My Life & the sing-alongs for Bad Girlfriend, So Happy & The Truth Is (I Lied About Everything)

Well worth the £13

--

Next gig for me now is The Answer w/The Union at The Garage on 7th March 8)

Rammstein on Thursday for me too. Heading down on the megabus tomorrow morning. Got a hotel close to the venue too. The megabus stops just a 10 minute walk from the hotel too. That's some top drawer stuff!

And me. Heading down on Thursday morning, and staying in apartments 2 minutes walk from the MEN (or MCR as it is now known apparently). It's going to be epic - here's hoping I'm lucky enough to get on the barrier just like last time I saw them in Manc.