Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Nice one!

Think it'll be a mix. It's my first time seeing them so hopefully they play some of the classics, and with them not having toured in so long I'd imagine they will.

Aye and I reckon since Kele's had his dance side project and the re releasing of She's Hearing Voices means we might get treated to the highlights of Silent Alarm. Hoping to hear Hunting For Witches as well. biggrin.gif

Saw Cornell on Friday, going to Pearl Jam Thursday

So did I - he was brilliant.

Glasgow gig wasn't announced initially so I'd booked ticket for Newcastle, train down + Travelodge by time the Glasgow date was announced.

Going down early so going to use up time before hotel check-in to do a bit of shopping in Newcastle city centre.

Bloc Party were class, decent mix of new and old!

Was the new stuff any good? They are doing a pre-sale for their gigs in October tomorrow at 9am. You have to be signed up to their mailing list to get a link though, if anyone could post one that would be much appreciated!

Blink 182 tonight....on my own <_<:unsure::ph34r:

Need to punt a spare, mate only had 14 months to get the day off work and has failed spectacularly. PM me if interested.

Leaving from Stirling & taking train so can meet anywhere between there and the SECC. Cheers.

EDIT: sold ticket

Edited by Paul Marnie

Was the new stuff any good? They are doing a pre-sale for their gigs in October tomorrow at 9am. You have to be signed up to their mailing list to get a link though, if anyone could post one that would be much appreciated!

Sounds quite promising, like they're going back to their more rock leanings. Team A (Not A-Team as Kele kept informing everyone) had a very excellent breakdown towards the end.

Helicopter is one of the best songs to go mad with your mates and scream along to. I was absolutely roaring "STOP BEING SO AMERICAN" in a lassies face that I've never met. laugh.gif

Bloc Party were class, decent mix of new and old!

Sounds quite promising, like they're going back to their more rock leanings. Team A (Not A-Team as Kele kept informing everyone) had a very excellent breakdown towards the end.

Helicopter is one of the best songs to go mad with your mates and scream along to. I was absolutely roaring "STOP BEING SO AMERICAN" in a lassies face that I've never met. laugh.gif

Superb gig.

They played quite alot of new songs, about 6 or 7 I reckon but they sound like they're back to their best with those. This Modern Love, Banquet, Hunting For Witches and Like Eating Glass were all top notch and finishing on Flux was a happy moment for me. Kele looked like he was enjoying himself. The crowd were decent as well.

Superb gig.

They played quite alot of new songs, about 6 or 7 I reckon but they sound like they're back to their best with those. This Modern Love, Banquet, Hunting For Witches and Like

Eating Glass were all top notch and finishing on Flux was a happy moment for me. Kele looked like he was enjoying himself. The crowd were decent as well.

Yeah I agree with this completely, really liked the sound of the new stuff and (adding helicopter) the list you've said of old songs were my highlights too.

Superb gig.

They played quite alot of new songs, about 6 or 7 I reckon but they sound like they're back to their best with those. This Modern Love, Banquet, Hunting For Witches and Like Eating Glass were all top notch and finishing on Flux was a happy moment for me. Kele looked like he was enjoying himself. The crowd were decent as well.

I would pay to go to the gig just for that. My third favourite song. Flux is top notch too.