Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Went to see Neon Waltz / Saints / Lional at the Harbour Arts Centre a couple of weeks ago. Cracking gig (well 2/3rds of it) in a great, wee venue. Lional were the surprise package. Opening the gig with a set of post-punk influenced songs. Would love to see them again, playing a longer set. Neon Waltz were even better than I expected. They just look like a bunch of mates who love playing music. Saints on the other hand were f******g abysmal. Everything about them seemed over thought and rehearsed and the guitarist was the most embarrassing musician I've seen since Spinal Tap. Great value all in for £6 though.

I didn't. Spent my non-beer money on the Nobody Wants To Be Here tshirt. Hoping they put the print online soon though so I can get one. Did you?

I got number 2. I'm quite eager.

They'd said on twitter (or facebook, I forget which) that any that didn't get sold would be on the website, but I'm not seeing any.

I got number 2. I'm quite eager.

They'd said on twitter (or facebook, I forget which) that any that didn't get sold would be on the website, but I'm not seeing any.

I didn't even realise they were numbered, I might've made more of an effort to get one if that were the case! James is probably still coming down from Saturday that he hasn't had a chance to get them up yet. Either that or they did sell them out!

Sorry, worded that completely incorrectly. Meant a set of his solo stuff instead of his work with Crazy Horse.

Have a look at the setlists from the gigs he's played so far on this tour, looks like he comes on and does 6 or so solo acoustic numbers before the Nelson boys join him for the Monsanto Years stuff. Even then, there's loads of non-Horse stuff e.g. a couple of songs from both Harvest and Harvest Moon. Just hope he lives long enough to make it over!

:)

Edited by salmonbuddie

The Horse, while a hell of a backing band, are just that when they're accompanying Neil. He's a bit of a control freak, you know.

I do agree with the sentiment, though, at least I think I know what you mean now. Neil's stuff can be sorted into different categories, some of them pretty damned esoteric - or nigh-on unlistenable for the uninitiated.

I personally like his more acoustic stuff best, but the way some of those songs get beefed up with a real kick ass backing band on stage gives them a whole new dimension.