Gigs

pilsner_ffc

2 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Going for a bit of 90s rock tonight - Cast playing in Greenock town hall, with my cousins band (The Beat Movement) supporting.

Really looking forward to it!

I am also going to this, should be a good night. I work with the lead singer of The Beat Movement, they are very good.

1 minute ago, stu_mfc said:

I am also going to this, should be a good night. I work with the lead singer of The Beat Movement, they are very good.

I'd have loved to have seen them play The Cavern Club a few years ago. My uncle (Beatles mad) went just to see his boy playing where his heroes started (even though it's not in the same place as the old one).

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Tickets now on pre-sale (general sale 10am tomorrow) for UB40 & Level 42 at Slessor Gardens, Dundee - I assume to open the Waterfront.

Got mine tonight.

Assume they'll be slotting Sum 41 in there somewhere 

17 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Tickets now on pre-sale (general sale 10am tomorrow) for UB40 & Level 42 at Slessor Gardens, Dundee - I assume to open the Waterfront.

Got mine tonight.

I didn't even know Ali Campbell had left UB40. He appeared on It Takes Two recently and was introduced as Ali Campbell & ...... I thought that was a bit strange! :blink:

He then proceeded to sing Red Red Wine & Can't Help Falling In Love for about the 1,000,000,000th time.

Buzzing to see Brand New supporting Biffy at The Hydro tomorrow.  Biffy's sets on this tour so far are a bit too similar to Bellahouston for me to be that excited for them - though they'll be good no doubt.

It's hard to do much more tbh. Couple of nice additions from the past though.

It's hard to do much more tbh. Couple of nice additions from the past though.

True. I think it's more that I'm not big on the new album apart from 2/3 tracks. Biffy are definitely a lot better than other bands at playing older material - especially when they're playing in Scotland.

The new album has grown on me. "People" and "In the Name of the Wee Man" are particularly brilliant to listen to now.

ETA: Their set at the SECC on the Opposites tour was no different from anywhere else on that tour btw.

Edited by Randy Giles

Brand New lifting pretty heavily from the Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me album which suits me down to the ground.

Looking forward to Biffy Clyro immensely though. The album has grown on me as said, and everything from before that should provide some brilliant stuff. Plus, it's bound to have a ludicrous stage show, as they seem to like that sort of thing.