Gigs

pilsner_ffc

A few months back I bought two tickets for Super Furry Animals at Usher Hall on 12th December.  Today I got an email from Songkick saying "we're waiting to receive the tickets from the organisers, we'll send them as soon as we get them".  Is this kind of pish normal?  Haven't bought tickets in the UK in years.  

Absolutely buzzing to see Brand New tonight. Had a wee peek at the set list which has got me even more buzzing (couple of songs I'd liked to have seen in there (SoCo Amaretto Lime and Archers) but hey ho)

I'm going to this tonight, but normally miss the support acts whilst in the pub! I've not heard Brand New but take it from your comments their worth heading early for?

I'm going to this tonight, but normally miss the support acts whilst in the pub! I've not heard Brand New but take it from your comments their worth heading early for?

If you're into your older Biffy you should quite like Brand New. Personally one of my favourite bands of all time.

Agree - both bands were amazing.  I forgot how much of a fucking tune Spanish Radio is until Biffy played it tonight.  Definitely one of my favourites from Opposites. 

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Special mention for You Won't Know from Brand New btw. Incredible.

That was my 4th time seeing Brand New and I think it might have been my favourite performance of You Won't Know.  So glad they're getting to play massive venues over here before they call it quits. That being said I'm hoping we'll see them over again for a wee headliner at some point next year.

The new album has grown on me. "People" and "In the Name of the Wee Man" are particularly brilliant to listen to now.

ETA: Their set at the SECC on the Opposites tour was no different from anywhere else on that tour btw.

I'm not a fan of In the Name of the Wee Man but it was amazing tonight. Same to be said for Medicine.

You need to make your mind up!

Both bands were on amazing last night, some show. Disappointed that Who's Got a Match wasn't played but the setlist was still great, Biffy had the crowd in the palm of their hands.

A few months back I bought two tickets for Super Furry Animals at Usher Hall on 12th December.  Today I got an email from Songkick saying "we're waiting to receive the tickets from the organisers, we'll send them as soon as we get them".  Is this kind of pish normal?  Haven't bought tickets in the UK in years.  

It's not uncommon, on a positive note though, I got an email yesterday saying the tickets were dispatched. The gig will be excellent and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

2 hours ago, 50/50 Winner said:

It's not uncommon, on a positive note though, I got an email yesterday saying the tickets were dispatched. The gig will be excellent and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Aye got that email too, happy days.  I need to learn to stop worrying.  

1 hour ago, resk said:

Aye got that email too, happy days.  I need to learn to stop worrying.  

I've just woken up (I'm on the night shift) and the tickets were waiting at the front door. I'm hoping the support act is either Bill Ryder-Jones, Hippies vs Ghosts or Meilyr Jones. 

Biffy were oustanding in Aberdeen tonight but Brand New were better. My first Brand New show and one of those I can tick off my bucket list after years of wanting to see them. 

The 2 hour biffy set was pretty special but (don't kill me...) by the end it was getting samey. 

Biffy were the standard of awesome that they normally are. Caught a few songs of Brand New and really enjoyed them too.

Was actually just to have a date with the misses after pumping out a few kids the past 2 years. We are looking forward to more.