Gigs

pilsner_ffc

5 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Working behind the bar at Elton John next week. What a bizarre choice of venue Airdrie is

He's been quoted before as saying he wants to play as many unique venues as possible on tours, so always plays random football stadiums etc. Sure he must have rifled through a good few Scottish and English lower league grounds by now...hasn't he played Falkirk, St Johnstone and Inverness for starters?

He's been quoted before as saying he wants to play as many unique venues as possible on tours, so always plays random football stadiums etc. Sure he must have rifled through a good few Scottish and English lower league grounds by now...hasn't he played Falkirk, St Johnstone and Inverness for starters?

Dropped Mrs Boo at Rugby Park 26 June 2005.

5 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Yeah I remember him being at the Falkirk Stadium a couple of years ago

This is the interview i remember from that gig that explains he's trying to play as many different towns as he can instead of the same old UK tour itinerary. Obviously football and rugby grounds are the easiest way to tick off some off the beaten track places for them that don't have traditional venues of a big enough size.

http://www.hotels.tv/booking_areas/elton_john_at_the_falkirk_stadium/

I think there's elements of playing to the crowds with those little interview snippets right enough - hoping Falkirk make it back to he SPL! (and for example he talks about looking forward to playing Airdire as his good friend Justin Fashanu once played for them!) but the general idea is sound! 

Anyone have any experience of the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester? What's the area like? Decent bars in that area? I know it's in the Salford area of Manchester but that means f**k all to me really. 

Anyone have any experience of the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester? What's the area like? Decent bars in that area? I know it's in the Salford area of Manchester but that means f**k all to me really. 

I've not been to the Castlefield Bowl before so can't say if it's any good or not but it's about a 15-20 minute walk from there to the Northern Quarter which has loads of really good bars. The Deansgate is also close by (10 minute walk perhaps) and could be another option.

Arcade Fire? Going as well. It's a five minute walk to Brewdog I'm pretty sure.

Arcade Fire? Going as well. It's a five minute walk to Brewdog I'm pretty sure.

No idea how you guessed that. :P

Aye, striking them off my bucket list and staying at the castlefield hotel as well. Going on my lonesome though so really just want to make sure I know my way about the place.

No idea how you guessed that. [emoji14]

Aye, striking them off my bucket list and staying at the castlefield hotel as well. Going on my lonesome though so really just want to make sure I know my way about the place.

I've got that then a quick drive up the road for radiohead at Glasgow green. Should be a good few days!

It's real close to deansgate and there's plenty of pubs in the vicinity.

Linkin Park at the Manchester Arena has been cancelled. Hopefully they move it to Old Trafford or the Etihad. Bit gutting as I've already booked the train and hotel.

I noticed that Blink 182 had cancelled their gig in 3 weeks time. Must be the venue itself?