Gigs

pilsner_ffc

The National tour announced for September. Tickets on sale next Friday. I'll probably try for Edinburgh or London. Keep missing them and don't plan on doing that again.

I've seen them 3 times, and they've been worse each time imo. Probably down to the newer material not being my preference though tbh, it's been downhill since Alligator.
They've disappeared up their own arse as well, what's 2 gigs in Edinburgh all about?

7 hours ago, Tommy Nooka said:

I've seen them 3 times, and they've been worse each time imo. Probably down to the newer material not being my preference though tbh, it's been downhill since Alligator.
They've disappeared up their own arse as well, what's 2 gigs in Edinburgh all about?

Not sure two gigs in Edinburgh is evidence of disappearing up their own arses tbh.

I'd say Boxer and High Violet are their two best albums but thought Trouble Will Find Me was incredibly disappointing.

Not sure two gigs in Edinburgh is evidence of disappearing up their own arses tbh.
I'd say Boxer and High Violet are their two best albums but thought Trouble Will Find Me was incredibly disappointing.

It's not just the gigs in Edinburgh, it's the ridiculous increase in pretentiousness, have you seen the title of their new tune?
I just think songs like Lit Up, Mr November and Abel are better live tunes than anything they've done since.

8 hours ago, philpy said:

Ah right, the wife said the hydro website had them as being on from 8.25 till 11.30. Did think that was a bit odd right enough.

8 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

How was it for you?

Did they relight your fire?

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

On that subject, tonight, it's FUCKING TAKE THAT! With All Saints in support which I'm looking forward to.

Of all their live shows I've seen, it's far from the best. It's not bad but the choice of setlist is quite strange. A few songs I wouldn't have chosen myself and a few missing that I'd have loved. All in all though, it's Take That and you know it's going to be entertaining because there's so much going on to see. 

Fire wasn't exactly relit but it never really went out in the first place. 

Out the door and in the car for 10.30 easily. The rerouting of traffic is a mild pain in the hoop. 

Wee cousin had a spare for it so I went. Could have done with an old song replacing Hallowed rather than a new one but it was an outrageously good show regardless.

It's amazing how Dickinson has gone through what he's gone through and actually sounds better now.

6 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Wee cousin had a spare for it so I went. Could have done with an old song replacing Hallowed rather than a new one but it was an outrageously good show regardless.

It's amazing how Dickinson has gone through what he's gone through and actually sounds better now.

They were amazing again last night. Did you buy a programme? It actually says that the sound desk had to turn down his mic one setting as he is now louder than he was before his operation!