Gigs

pilsner_ffc

12 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Strange one, the poster said 12 today didn't it?

I clicked on the link through their website, put in the code, and there they were.

My wife is going to kill me.

1 minute ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Fs, I was aiming for 12

The poster did say 12 yeah, but it was 10 on Ticketmaster. I went straight to Ticketmaster and didn't get prompted for the pre-sale code. Going via their website prompted me for it though, kept refreshing for an hour and eventually got some 5 minutes ago. So still some left evidently.

The poster did say 12 yeah, but it was 10 on Ticketmaster. I went straight to Ticketmaster and didn't get prompted for the pre-sale code. Going via their website prompted me for it though, kept refreshing for an hour and eventually got some 5 minutes ago. So still some left evidently.

Cheers for that. Got two there just before the 12 o'clock rush that I'd imagine was forthcoming.

Did not imagine them charging that much though!

Yeah the price seems to have taken everyone a bit off guard, but I'd have given both my baws for this anyway.

Also good is that I can now get jaked at The Menzingers on Thursday and not have to worry about battling it out in the general sale on Friday morning while morbidly hungover.

I'm going to Brian Fallon's solo gig on the 22nd February and that was £22.50

Have seen TGA three times before their hiatus and they never charged this much. Guess if the demand is there then understand why but it's awful steep. First time I seen Bruce Springsteen it was 55! He's the only act I've paid more to see

But, as you said, I nearly jumped out my seat and boaby slapped the screen when I seen this on Facebook before deciding that would be inappropriate in an airport.

One of my favourite ever bands and albums. Worth every penny

I'm going to Brian Fallon's solo gig on the 22nd February and that was £22.50

Have seen TGA three times before their hiatus and they never charged this much. Guess if the demand is there then understand why but it's awful steep. First time I seen Bruce Springsteen it was 55! He's the only act I've paid more to see

But, as you said, I nearly jumped out my seat and boaby slapped the screen when I seen this on Facebook before deciding that would be inappropriate in an airport.

One of my favourite ever bands and albums. Worth every penny

Yep, my favourite album by my favourite band. Couldn't say no. I'm quite partially to The Flatliners as well

What’s the deal with the Spotify presale for the Gaslight Anthem?

I just got two using a link I got to my e-mail from Spotify. It didn’t ask for a password from there. I’ve attached a photo from the e-mail with the password on it so maybe worth trying. IMG_3636.jpg

4 hours ago, cal234ey said:

I just got two using a link I got to my e-mail from Spotify. It didn’t ask for a password from there. I’ve attached a photo from the e-mail with the password on it so maybe worth trying. IMG_3636.jpg

Cheers, couldn't get it working will just need to try tomorrow or Friday.

Done my Celtic Connections annual visit.

Went to see Teddy Thompson - he gets better every time you see him. 

His guitar playing has come on leaps and bounds. Never be as good as his dad, but not many are.

He was supporting Shelby Lynne & Alison Moorer - they did a Nirvanah cover - honest!!!!

Forgot the words and had to borrow an iPhone to Google the lyrics.

Car crash moment.

Done my Celtic Connections annual visit.
Went to see Teddy Thompson - he gets better every time you see him. 
His guitar playing has come on leaps and bounds. Never be as good as his dad, but not many are.
He was supporting Shelby Lynne & Alison Moorer - they did a Nirvanah cover - honest!!!!
Forgot the words and had to borrow an iPhone to Google the lyrics.
Car crash moment.

Their most recent album is almost all covers. Lithium is one of the songs they did on the album.

Tonight is my 7th Celtic Connections gig - Kathryn Williams at Oran Mor. Got Colter Wall tomorrow.

Been a frustrating festival this year. Some really good headline sets but most of them seem to have been limited to an hour. Support acts have generally been garbage and mismatched with the headliner, although The Brother Brothers should be good tonight.

Absolute standout this year was Molly Tuttle. Unbelievably good set from her last Saturday at the Mitchell.

Kathryn Williams, supported by The Brother Brothers.

I went through a period of 4 or 5 years when she was touring pretty regularly and I went to see her a hell of a lot. Completely fell away from her in the past 6 or 7 years but she was playing Little Black Numbers in full as part of Celtic Connections.

Brilliant gig. A reminder of why I absolutely loved her music for a long period of time. Never once felt like a tired rehash of a nearly 18 year old album or an exercise in nostalgia.

Support act were also very very good. Hoping to hear more from them than just their 6 track EP.

Kathryn Williams, supported by The Brother Brothers.
I went through a period of 4 or 5 years when she was touring pretty regularly and I went to see her a hell of a lot. Completely fell away from her in the past 6 or 7 years but she was playing Little Black Numbers in full as part of Celtic Connections.
Brilliant gig. A reminder of why I absolutely loved her music for a long period of time. Never once felt like a tired rehash of a nearly 18 year old album or an exercise in nostalgia.
Support act were also very very good. Hoping to hear more from them than just their 6 track EP.
Forgot I bought (!!) one of her early albums about 15 years ago. Might've been that one.