Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Was at Liam Gallagher at the Hydro last night.  I was slightly apprehensive about it as the last time I saw him live was late in the day Oasis and his voice was shit, but I was pleasantly surprised last night how good he sounded singing Definitely Maybe.  His band were excellent as well and it sounded every bit the Oasis concert that I hoped it would be.

Him thanking everyone for coming out to watch him when Scotland were playing because "if England were on, I wouldn't fucking come and see me" and his no fucks given about "not doing the high bits" on Up In The Sky were funny I thought.

There was (not that I heard anyway) no barbs aimed at his brother, and I did notice that Noel did feature a few times on the really excellent graphics that they had on the big screens behind him on the stage.

Cracking gig.

eta: To be able to start your gig with Rock 'n' Roll Star, Columbia and Shakermaker and then have your encore consist of Supersonic, Slide Away and Live Forever is pretty fucking cool. 💥 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Bought tickets for Bowling For Soup at the O2 Academy in Edinburgh in February. Wheatus supporting. Should be excellent. 

Trying to convince Mrs fae the Vale to make the trip through for this. Magnolia Park opening is a big selling point.

15 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Was at Liam Gallagher at the Hydro last night.  I was slightly apprehensive about it as the last time I saw him live was late in the day Oasis and his voice was shit, but I was pleasantly surprised last night how good he sounded singing Definitely Maybe.  His band were excellent as well and it sounded every bit the Oasis concert that I hoped it would be.

Him thanking everyone for coming out to watch him when Scotland were playing because "if England were on, I wouldn't fucking come and see me" and his no fucks given about "not doing the high bits" on Up In The Sky were funny I thought.

There was (not that I heard anyway) no barbs aimed at his brother, and I did notice that Noel did feature a few times on the really excellent graphics that they had on the big screens behind him on the stage.

Cracking gig.

eta: To be able to start your gig with Rock 'n' Roll Star, Columbia and Shakermaker and then have your encore consist of Supersonic, Slide Away and Live Forever is pretty fucking cool. 💥 

Was there tonight. Really good. Band were tight, visuals great, Liam sounded good and setlist was class. Digsy's Dinner and Married With Children got a great reception.

I'd be up for him doing similar for WTSMG next year and Be Here Now in 2027.

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is it too late to tell you?

That you are Rufus W?

His music is not really for me but I enjoyed the evening all the same. His voice and storytelling were enough to make it worthwhile in missing Belgium v Romania.

Local youngsters Lost In Translation at Inn Defence in Dumbarton this afternoon. Good young band who I feel will get better with time and confidence. I believe this was only their third ever show, and there were real signs of promise. Will look out for them going forward.

20240623_142034.jpg

I see Ticketmaster is hitting me with some fresh bullshit in my emails ahead of this week's events:

Hello,

Quick reminder about your tickets...

The O2 Academy app is your ticket 

You can download the O2 Academy app from your phone’s app store on iOS or Android. All you need to do is open the app, then tap the ticket icon and sign in with your Ticketmaster account log-in.  

Same goes for the Co-Op Live on Tuesday. Both events currently have the standard barcode available in the Ticketmaster app as normal. Do I need to download something else or not?

9 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I see Ticketmaster is hitting me with some fresh bullshit in my emails ahead of this week's events:

Same goes for the Co-Op Live on Tuesday. Both events currently have the standard barcode available in the Ticketmaster app as normal. Do I need to download something else or not?

Nope, you do not. The barcode in the Ticketmaster app is perfectly adequate.

I personally transfer the tickets to my Google Wallet in case signal is dodgy, but the TM app works just fine if there's signal.

6 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Nope, you do not. The barcode in the Ticketmaster app is perfectly adequate.

I personally transfer the tickets to my Google Wallet in case signal is dodgy, but the TM app works just fine if there's signal.

1.2 and 1.3 stars for O2 and Co-Op apps :lol:

15 hours ago, mathematics said:

Fire time.

IMG_1289.jpeg

What a show they put on, I can see why it takes them the best part of a week to set up. We were standing next to the right side middle tower, fair to say I filled my pants when the first confetti cannon went off, bonus points I didn't have to watch Scotland v Hungary. 

Going to The Killers tomorrow at the OVO Hydro (Travis supporting). Anyone know what time they're expected to take to the stage? I know it's due to start at 19:45 but not sure if this is for Travis or for The Killers.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Going to The Killers tomorrow at the OVO Hydro (Travis supporting). Anyone know what time they're expected to take to the stage? I know it's due to start at 19:45 but not sure if this is for Travis or for The Killers.

That'll be for Travis. The Killers will be on around 9 based on my Hydro experience.