The Alternative Leigh Griffiths Blog...

St. Starko

I would pay my hard earned cash for one that said on the front simply

TECKLE

and on the back

THAT'S WHAT EHM TALKIN ABOOT!

Unfortunately, you can have a front print or a back print, but not both. Both of those slogans will be making an appearance though, I've already got plans for them!

And whoever said DundeeBarry deserves a freebie, I agree. Unfortunately I only upload the designs and receive a shitty markup, the site who provide, print and despatch the t-shirts take the lion's share. So you buy him one!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see something like the right hand side of this graphic:

7531265.gif

With text along the lines of... "Hello, Fire Brigade please, yeah, it's David Goodwillie again..."

I'm rookit, though, so I wouldn't actually buy one.

Just the graphic on its own would look like one of those "ironic statements" you see people wearing.

More carrying on..

Fairmuir on Wikipedia

edited to add...some spoilsport will no doubt change it back

:lol: :lol: That's Teckle !

after reading this as it's without a doubt the funniest thing i've ever read on the web. I had tears of laughter running down my face when Jocky was shouting Papa Shango over the tannoy at Billy Dodds. Thank feck i was at home and not reading it on the bus!

Kudos to you dundeebarry and keep em coming!

Same for me.

You should 'go back in time' and write a chapter for every week since Leigh signed for Dundee - which then links into the 9(?) chapters you have produced online, and the final weeks you say you are going to do by end of this season - then get yourself a publisher and make a decent wedge from your supreme writings.

Write the other chapters in May/June (don't publish these ones on web, you could even add preamble or epilogue chapters for any times Jocky and Leigh met in the past before he signed for Dundee (or even a trip into the future ??!:ph34r:)), get the book out for August/September, and by Christmas it will be a bestseller.

I'm sure the likes of Jocky, Leigh, Goodwillie, Bob Malcolm, Melville and anyone else named in the book will take it all in good humour and not launch any legal or any other petty or futile actions 8)

this whole thing ain't really that funny though is it? i like the word "teckle" and there is a certain charm to the "hiya..." , but the whole jocky scott "character" is really just begbie with a jetpack. mellow.gif

note to dundee barry - it's not that cool to keep checking the thread every two minutes and posting how amazed you are at 6th year/first year uni weans laughing at jetpack stories. huh.gif a few gifs and t-shirts which will never be bought (if even made) don't make you an internet guru.

that said, you are probably just about talented enough to produce a short lived, on-campus fanzine. total riddy when people think they're a "card" and keep going on about it rolleyes.gif

yours,

jocky scott's maw

From the Leigh Griffiths wiki page:

Griffiths also writes a personal blog for BBC Sports Online, this blog has given rise to an increasingly popular spoof version.

:D

You should 'go back in time' and write a chapter for every week since Leigh signed for Dundee - which then links into the 9(?) chapters you have produced online, and the final weeks you say you are going to do by end of this season - then get yourself a publisher and make a decent wedge from your supreme writings.

Write the other chapters in May/June (don't publish these ones on web, you could even add preamble or epilogue chapters for any times Jocky and Leigh met in the past before he signed for Dundee (or even a trip into the future ??!ph34r.gif)), get the book out for August/September, and by Christmas it will be a bestseller.

I'm sure the likes of Jocky, Leigh, Goodwillie, Bob Malcolm, Melville and anyone else named in the book will take it all in good humour and not launch any legal or any other petty or futile actions cool.gif

Fine ideas all round. Unlikely to come to fruition, but fine none the less! I think Soapy Soutar would have a few objections to such a project, but f**k him.

How do I add a link from my facebook page to the leigh griffiths blog barry?

Just copy and paste it into the comments section of the "wall" or whatever it's called? Not entirely sure mate, Dunc did the business on Facebook for the blog.

this whole thing ain't really that funny though is it? i like the word "teckle" and there is a certain charm to the "hiya..." , but the whole jocky scott "character" is really just begbie with a jetpack. mellow.gif

note to dundee barry - it's not that cool to keep checking the thread every two minutes and posting how amazed you are at 6th year/first year uni weans laughing at jetpack stories. huh.gif a few gifs and t-shirts which will never be bought (if even made) don't make you an internet guru.

that said, you are probably just about talented enough to produce a short lived, on-campus fanzine. total riddy when people think they're a "card" and keep going on about it rolleyes.gif

yours,

jocky scott's maw

Man, if you were looking to get signed into the Fairmuir with that post you've fucked it up big-style. You're fucking barred, cunto.

To address your points -

Humour is subjective. I'm fully aware that there will be as many people who think it's a lot of shite as there are enjoying it. Fair do's.

Begbie hasn't crossed my mind for a second when I've been writing about Jocky. I can see your point though. They certainly swear as much as each other. And they both have moustaches (that's nothing to do with me though, obviously).

During quiet times at work I'm on this thread fairly regularly to see what people are saying to it. I'm not entirely sure why this is "uncool" or particularly surprising.

I'm genuinely surprised at the reaction the blog has got. I've stated that sentiment three or four times in this 30+ page thread. Big deal. It's not so much the fact people are laughing at it per se, but more that my daft ramblings have resulted in stuff like the facebook page and the images people have made (which I'm sure even you would agree are pretty good).

If you know of an institution that requires a short lived, on-campus fanzine, then let me know. I'd be more than happy to do it. Sounds fucking......teckle.......to me.

That was a baws oot post you made by the way. I like that kind of late night rant. If ever I'm writing a short lived, on-campus fanzine I'll give you a shout, you'd probably make a good contribution. wink.gif

Oh aye, and as your potential future editor can I say the icing on the cake would have been ending your post with "that's you telt". Just a thought.

Cheers.

yours,

jocky scott's maw

"The whole Jocky Scott character" is f**k all like Begbie, you utter clownshoe. You have the reading comprehension of a particularly stupid house brick and the charisma of a scowling corpse.

Get yersel awa' tae f**k. You'll be happier there.

"The whole Jocky Scott character" is f**k all like Begbie, you utter clownshoe. You have the reading comprehension of a particularly stupid house brick and the charisma of a scowling corpse.

Get yersel awa' tae f**k. You'll be happier there.

f**k sake laugh.gif

TELT!

WendyWho?, ladies and gentleman cool.gif

c***s like that make me feel like a dog being stroked backwards by a man with a hand made of cats.

laugh.gif

Bravo, man. That's a fucking outrageous sentence.

WendyWho? hasn't even had his mid-morning w**k in the disabled bog at work and he's on devastating form.

laugh.gif

Offttt!

laugh.gif

Ooft indeed!

I hope that you are including Jocky flying his jetpack into volcanic ash on your next story. wink.gif

Topical! biggrin.gif

Someone left a comment on the last chapter of blog page that suggested I should make Jocky the cat have sex with Bob Brannan's wife blink.giflaugh.gif

It was one of Monster's darts pals I believe, boy called Yeti. Or is that actually you using a different moniker, Monster?

Topical! biggrin.gif

Someone left a comment on the last chapter of blog page that suggested I should make Jocky the cat have sex with Bob Brannan's wife blink.giflaugh.gif

It was one of Monster's darts pals I believe, boy called Yeti. Or is that actually you using a different moniker, Monster?

Naebdy called yeti I know of. Similar in size to me, but too (forgive my racism) white. I'm more Peter Griffin-esque. I do drink pints of Tartan though.

Not guilty m'lud.

Archived