Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Assuming you mean the Eagles, the centrum only held about 2500.

The situation is in no way comparable and there are tons of people who used to be Eagles fans that support the Clan now. And the Clan were formed seven years after the Eagles went bust. :lol:

The Eagles went bust after moving to Braehead IMO

The Eagles went bust after moving to Braehead IMO

It was a bad move, but it had nothing to do with the Clan. The west of Scotland has a top team now though, which is doing so well that they're planning on building a new 7-8000 seater arena. You should give them your support, not hope that they go bust.

It was a bad move, but it had nothing to do with the Clan. The west of Scotland has a top team now though, which is doing so well that they're planning on building a new 7-8000 seater arena. You should give them your support, not hope that they go bust.

What's the latest with this? I'd heard it a few years back but nothing since, I believe a request for planning permission was submitted at some stage.

What's the point in building a 7000 seater arena when we're very rarely selling out the current arena, once this season if im not mistaken??

Anyway, I missed a couple in December due to having no car and shoddy transport links to Braehead but since I've went back we are on a pretty incredible run of form and look like a team that can win this league! Coventry seem to have has a bit of a turnaround of late though so take nothing for granted tonight but we could end the night in 2nd with those games in hand and a more favourable fixture list in this last part of the season.

It will be interesting to see who starts in goal next week though with Holt on his way back to the UK now as Fullerton has been absolutely superb and Russell has va couple of cracking games as well!

Edited by #Gary

Holt will be fit to play as early as next week? Is that what you're saying?

I was at the game Manchester Storm last night and Fullerton had a few dodgy moments and a couple of good saves. Its pleasing to see the team actually scoring more than one or two goals a game now, long may it continue

Edited by Thereisalight..

Yup! Holt himself tweeted that he'll be ready to play next week but can't see it - MOM performance from Fullerton tonight.

Another excellent win tonight in a very physical game. That Tanaka of the Blaze has been a wee c**t every time I've seen him. It was like the Royal Rumble came early in that 3rd period!

Assuming you mean the Eagles, the centrum only held about 2500.

The situation is in no way comparable and there are tons of people who used to be Eagles fans that support the Clan now. And the Clan were formed seven years after the Eagles went bust. :lol:

I loved the Eagles when they were in Ayr (Prestwick technically but had Ayr in the name!), was absolutely brilliant having a team from Ayr being the best in the UK at a sport and even playing in Europe. Still, Braehead are a separate team to me and I go along to watch them when I can and like to see them do well.

The new arena is also for other events. Braehead arena doesn't get anything anymore, if it weren't for the Clan it would be deserted, They want a new, bigger arena which can compete with other venues for other sports and concerts which isn't a bad idea. Back when Manchester Storm (and briefly the Phoenix too) played at the MEN arena, which had a capacity of something ridiculous like 17000 for hockey, they would black out the upper tier with a curtain and it looked fine. I don't think crowds of 5 or 6 thousand are completely unimaginable for the Clan anyway, before they had actually ever played a game back in 2010 there was talk of blacking out the upper tier of Braehead arena with a curtain too. That was when the idea of 1500 to 2000 people going to games seemed ridiculous! Things changed and the club continues to grow so there's nothing wrong with a bit of ambition. I remember getting a bit excited when you'd see trickles of people into the upper tier. :lol:

Great weekend anyway, and 4 more points on the board. Last night was a well fought win, Fullerton was incredible in goal, it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the goalie situation with Holt coming back on Tuesday. I know Finnerty has said that nothing with change right away, but I can't imagine Chris will be too happy being the backup. It's a good problem to have, right enough. I'm starting to get a bit excited moving into the later stages of the season now!

Big game at the shops this Saturday. Dundee win and the conference is very much still on. I felt we needed back to back away wins in fife and Braehead to stay in it and have managed half of that.

Having seen all the Braehead v Dundee games this season I think we should have taken more points and if we do lose again then it's probably fair enough to lose out.

The fight in this braehead team is unbelievable. At 4-0 down in the 1st on Wednesday night a lot of teams would've chucked it but we managed to chose it back and go into the 2nd leg on Wednesday with only a 1 goal deficit.

Dundee is the team I've seen us play most and I can't see us losing this one tonight. Dundee have a new 41 year old keeper who's only met up with his team yesterday so will be interesting to see how he does.

I'm more worried about Edinburgh on Sunday as, despite being on a downward spiral they've been quite difficult to break down at home.

Edited by #Gary

Thought Clan started well tonight and Dundee new goaltender had a few excellent stops in the opening 10/15 minutes. After this 10/15 mins I got the feeling it just wasn't going to be our night and I think the players may have thought the same as we were pretty sloppy and pretty poor in the final part of the first and for all of the 2nd. 3rd period was a different story and I'm quite frankly stunned that we scored 2 goals on the power play because it's normally a weak point for us.

Absolute delighted for big Jackman to get his goal and MOM as he's took a lot of unfair stick in the time I've been going but he's always impressed me.

The Devils losing tonight was also nice!

The fight in this braehead team is unbelievable. At 4-0 down in the 1st on Wednesday night a lot of teams would've chucked it but we managed to chose it back and go into the 2nd leg on Wednesday with only a 1 goal deficit.

Dundee is the team I've seen us play most and I can't see us losing this one tonight. Dundee have a new 41 year old keeper who's only met up with his team yesterday so will be interesting to see how he does.

I'm more worried about Edinburgh on Sunday as, despite being on a downward spiral they've been quite difficult to break down at home.

Have they mince. They have leaked 68 goals in their last dozen games.

Stupid penalties killed stars last night. I won't quite say it's conference over but it is in Braeheads hands now.

Absolute delighted for big Jackman to get his goal and MOM as he's took a lot of unfair stick in the time I've been going but he's always impressed me.

Jackman deserved the criticism that was aimed at him. At the start of the season he looked alright, but after that he really fell away. He looked slow, didn't commit to any hits and struggled to get back into our zone continually after going forward. Over the past month or so he's looked very good though and I'm delighted for him too.