Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Went to my first ever ice hockey match last night (mainly to avoid the wee gremlins chapping my door all night) and fair enjoyed it. I've never had an interest so wasnt fully aware of what was actually going on at times but was on the edge of my seat by the end. Fast paced, violent and an exciting penalty shoot out (is that what it's called?) ... I think I'll probably go back!

Went to my first ever ice hockey match last night (mainly to avoid the wee gremlins chapping my door all night) and fair enjoyed it. I've never had an interest so wasnt fully aware of what was actually going on at times but was on the edge of my seat by the end. Fast paced, violent and an exciting penalty shoot out (is that what it's called?) ... I think I'll probably go back!

Good stuff eh. You will pick it up soon enough from people around you and it's a pretty basic game.

Not had a chance to see the Clan yet this season as I'm based out of Wakefield till the summer.

Managed to get down to Sheffield v Cardiff last night though. Pretty decent game, not much in it either although the ref made a few absolute howlers including chopping off a perfectly legit goal.

Plus one hell of a fight between Salters (who I didn't realise had gone to Cardiff) and Fitzgerald in the 2nd period. It's up on YouTube now as well.

Well I've decided I'm going back on Saturday for a match against Coventry Blaze or something. Looking forward to it, and been playing some NHL on the Xbox to get a better understanding of the sport in general. Is there anywhere to watch this league? A YouTube channel or something? Don't imagine it being on TV?

Edited by #Gary

Most teams have their own YouTube channels here is Dundee's highlights from weekend

But you might be more interested in this guff

Premier Sports also show a live game about once a month.

If you follow EIHL on twitter you get updates about what is going on and the hockey forum is a decent place to go for chat although it is English premier league dominated.

The Hockey Forum is decent enough. Clan specific forums can be hit and miss, largely due to some fans being precious about the team and one complete zoomer who deliberately tries to bait fans into reaction. Said zoomer claims to dislike football but has a log in for here.

Best way to pick things up? Ask fellow fans. Most UK hockey fans are a reasonable bunch.

Another fantastic night at Braehead. I'm really starting to love this - it was roughly 14000x better than watching Morton.

Braehead won 6-0 and the goalkeeper had an unbelievable night, rightly taking the man of the match award.

Bit of a sore one last night for Braehead, drew 8-8 with Sheffield then lost in the shootout.

Some of the defending was absolutely suicidal, Sheffield were absolutely gifted 3 of their goals.

Hell of a game though.

Still obviously new to all this but will be surprised if there's many games as exciting as Braehead Sheffield last night.

Scoring 8 and still not winning can't be good though - thought Holt was terrible and the coach sure tore into him in his post match interview.

Sheffield did look bigger and better and probably would have hammered Clan if they didn't get so many penalties.

Still obviously new to all this but will be surprised if there's many games as exciting as Braehead Sheffield last night.

Scoring 8 and still not winning can't be good though - thought Holt was terrible and the coach sure tore into him in his post match interview.

Sheffield did look bigger and better and probably would have hammered Clan if they didn't get so many penalties.

The defence is absolutely rotten. Not sure Jackman's heart is really in it, he's been really poor. Would chuck a fair few of them. Finnerty needs to watch as well, if he doesn't win anything this year then surely his position will be under severe threat.

Bring back Roehl. :(

The defence is absolutely rotten. Not sure Jackman's heart is really in it, he's been really poor. Would chuck a fair few of them. Finnerty needs to watch as well, if he doesn't win anything this year then surely his position will be under severe threat.

Bring back Roehl. :(

By anything I take it you mean cup, league or playoff weekend. Surely conference wouldn't be enough.

Clan have a fair number of home fixtures to make up so probably in a slightly false position but way off the pace in the league and I can't see them getting that back.

By anything I take it you mean cup, league or playoff weekend. Surely conference wouldn't be enough.

Clan have a fair number of home fixtures to make up so probably in a slightly false position but way off the pace in the league and I can't see them getting that back.

This is true and whilst our home form has been good, the away form really needs to change. We haven't won an away match in regulation time since we beat Edinburgh 3-0 on the 13th of September, which is terrible for a team which ideally should be challenging for the league. The issue is the problem with the team seems to be rotating, at first we had struggled to score goals, now the defence is poor and Holt looks like him confidence is totally shattered,

The double header this weekend against Manchester and Sheffield would be a good time for things to turn around.

A well needed 4 point weekend for the Clan. Very professional performance tonight in the little arena in Sheffield. Won the physical battle all night and didn't give any stupid fouls away. Holt looked the netminder he should be and hopefully his confidence is on the way up. 2-1 win for the Clan probably flattered Sheffield a little.

Good weekend that, didn't half enjoy myself.

Saturday night the team showed what they're made of to come back into the game. Leavitt was amazing, which is something I never thought I'd say. To be honest given how we've been playing recently I really didn't expect us to pull that back, delighted they proved me wrong.

Sunday night Holt was huge for us, which is exactly what we need him to be all the time. Everyone know's he's a quality goalie, you don't end up playing in the KHL all star game if you're not. Still get a bit nervous every time a shot to his stick side but he was brilliant yesterday. Bit of dodgy officiating maybe, not entirely convinced the 2nd Sheffield goal which was disallowed was the right decision. Then again I also don't care!

Things are looking a bit more kind to us when it comes to the fixture list now. Hopefully we carry on from this weekend and pump Fife twice next week.

Well that was some weekend. A 1-0 on the Friday and an 11-9 on Sunday.

Absolutely crazy game caps v stars and a record number of goals for an eihl game.

Absolutely nonsense score. Haven't seen the highlights yet but I'll need to watch them.