Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

I have been a Clan season ticket holder from day one. The sport is coming on in leaps and bounds.

It is great to go to a game and be able to have a drink whilst watching the game. There are no boring football references and no signs of any of the baggage that is prevalent in the West of Scotland. For that reason alone it's worth the effort.

The Clan have built a solid team this year who still sit top of the league. I expect a close finish but can see them getting pipped. They should, however win the Conference and get a place in the play offs along with Fife and Edinburgh.

Hopefully two of them will make the play off weekend like last year.

If you haven't been along yet. Give it a go. Especially if you have kids. Most kids love it.

Good crowd at Dundee last for Stars v Clan given how pish Dundee are playing but TBH the atmosphere has noticeably dropped from the home crowd even in the couple of months I have started going.

Im giving serious thought to getting a season ticket next year though as it is a good night out and the bairns enjoy it much more than the football.

Also last night was probably the best scrapping i have seen.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to work out what happened from the penalty card. Seems like we had our young goalie Holland in who was sin binned for first goal. Then he managed to let in 10 of the 12. Near enough every shot must have gone in.

In a move that surprises no one plumton also seems to have had 24 minutes of penalties.

• 2 weeks later...

Was at Braehead v Hull on Saturday night, very powerful performance from the Clan obviously trying to ensure they didn't drop any points given the "ifs and buts" situation they started the weekend with for the title. Ran out 9-4 winners, could have probably been alot more. Left themselves over exposed for two of Hulls goals whilst pushing hard to increase the margin. Unfortunately by the end of the match Sheffield had beaten Cardiff in the top of the table clash to take the title.

Still there is playoff glory to go for starting on Saturday, I believe with the win over Fife tonight that Braehead are in the Ice hockey champions league next year?

Been told Braehead should be in their new arena for 2018, which will be between 6-7000 seater. So plenty of scope for them to grow, the future is looking very bright for them.

Was at Braehead v Hull on Saturday night, very powerful performance from the Clan obviously trying to ensure they didn't drop any points given the "ifs and buts" situation they started the weekend with for the title. Ran out 9-4 winners, could have probably been alot more. Left themselves over exposed for two of Hulls goals whilst pushing hard to increase the margin. Unfortunately by the end of the match Sheffield had beaten Cardiff in the top of the table clash to take the title.

Still there is playoff glory to go for starting on Saturday, I believe with the win over Fife tonight that Braehead are in the Ice hockey champions league next year?

Been told Braehead should be in their new arena for 2018, which will be between 6-7000 seater. So plenty of scope for them to grow, the future is looking very bright for them.

Didn't realise they were planning on moving, any links to stories on the new arena?

Yeah that was all I could find. Pretty strange that they've apparently got it all planned and there's been zero talk or news stories about it though.

It's been "common knowledge " apparently for the last couple of years. Only thing I can think of is they are still working on the design and costings. But it is strange, there is very little documented.

I've been told by someone who used to work for the centre that the original plan was always to expand and place a department store in the space of the current arena, John Lewis is the suggestion but again nothing confirmed.

So Braehead have crumbled under the pressure then and have went from looking like winning the league to not even making the final 4 in Nottingham. Really disappointing end to a very promising season.

They have been getting a little better every season to be fair to them. This year they've tied up the Gardner conference and gained a place in the champions league. Given how good the Scandinavian and Eastern European teams are I'd expect them to pick up a few points in that competition next year but no chance they'll go on to win it.

They have been getting a little better every season to be fair to them. This year they've tied up the Gardner conference and gained a place in the champions league. Given how good the Scandinavian and Eastern European teams are I'd expect them to pick up a few points in that competition next year but no chance they'll go on to win it.

Honestly, they will do well to win a single game. Depends on luck of the draw.

Disappointing none of the Scottish teams got through to playoff weekend. Very surprised hull got through.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Honestly, they will do well to win a single game. Depends on luck of the draw.

Disappointing none of the Scottish teams got through to playoff weekend. Very surprised hull got through.

Hull have been absolutely rank whenever I've seen them, must have been some bottle job by the Clan. If they get drawn against Western European teams then they might win a couple of games to be fair

Hull have been absolutely rank whenever I've seen them, must have been some bottle job by the Clan. If they get drawn against Western European teams then they might win a couple of games to be fair

The initial group stage is seeded and Braehead will be a pot 4 team so they are up against it.

For info Panthers won 1 and lost 5 last year and ended up with a -27 GD, although it was Hamburg they beat who were a pot 1 team.

Basically a German team are the best hope of victory as Nordic,Swiss and Austrians are all very strong.

It's not so much the E. European teams that are the threat, apart from the Czechs they biggest teams play in the KHL, it's the Swedes and Finns.

Will be fantastic for Braehead to be involved though and a real opportunity to get big crowds in. Might head along myself if it doesn't sell out quickly, although if they are talking about 6/7k arenas you would hope it would.