Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Yeh, Fulton isn't the same player he was a couple of months ago. He has just stopped finishing checks but his points production has picked up. Regan is a quality keeper but last night isn't his first mistake.

Chaumont does what Chaumont does. He scores goals but not a lot else but anyone would be crazy to get rid of him.

Our powerplay this year is horrific. Something like 15% I think! We just don't shoot for some reason. Haines looked handy for it but shooting seems to have been drilled out of him too. I'd like to see him back next year, to be honest.

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

Thought the Winter Classic was utterly dull I'm afraid. Slow paced and the "occasion" superseding the actual hockey. And I think #20 looked better in purple!

Clan starting to worry me, inability to keep 5 skaters on the ice at crucial times (that's you Mr Frank) is costing us. Sheffield, and Belfast, were there for the taking and the games were thrown away. Now Cullen out injured, and I hear Finnarty is ready to wield the axe on a couple too. Maybe that's what's needed to shape the team up for a good cracking at the playoffs.

Edited by madcap

Anyone still head along? Got to say, generally the hockey is much better value for money than the football these days.

The standard is getting higher, year on year and guys that have played in the EIHL have gone on to play NHL, where normally its guys borderline NHL, usually AHL.

I get along to as many Clan games as possible, and be taking in Braehead v Five tomorrow (fireworks between Nickerson & Frank expected) and well documented rivalry after the last few games, then Fife V Edinburgh on Saturday.

(fireworks between Nickerson & Frank expected)

Frank won't fight Nickerson. He's turned down fights umpteen times since he got his totties earlier this season. He would even rather send out a team mate who'd just come back froma broken hand to fight!!

You're new boy is more likely to be sent out to get thumped. ;)

Just head along buddy. Be plenty of tickets for tonight, £14, £15, £16 are the prices. If I could suggest a seat, would be upper C/D to get the best view of the whole rink.

As for Frank 'getting his totties', I take it your referring to getting attacked from behind, then punch while face down on the ice unable to defend himself, which was close to assault? If that's what you mean, then ofcourse!

Went to Braehead v Fife, and it was a pretty reasonable game, Clan going through a bad spell were still good enough to put away a very poor fife side.

Went to Fife v Edinburgh last night too, and it was a reasonable game. Fife always try hard against their 'rivals' but did miss loads of chances and there was a few big hits going in.

Decent weekend of hockey so far ☺️

See to be honest? I wouldn't. What does he offer, apart from the odd fight? He is a pretty crap skater, slow and can't check to save his life, and for a big guy and his 'type', doesn't make sense. He plays for a poor fife side, and is one of their worst players. Why wouldn't anyone want him, honestly? Just because I don't like Nickerson, doesn't mean I rate frank, because I don't.

Capitals v Giants could be good, but Belfast are so strong and so good, they are playing brilliantly! You'll enjoy it, especially to watch the giants but Edinburgh are missing a few bodies on an already small squad.

He's not fast but he's a mile away from a poor skater and has been one of our better, more consistant players. Exactly the type of player we missed last year: omeone to clear the crease, put in good checks and start off attacks with good but simple passes. Is also good in attack with a big shot from the point and is useful in front of the keeper on the powerplay. Crashes the net better than a lot of our forwards anyway! lol

That's without mentioning his role as an enforcer.

As for Frank 'getting his totties', I take it your referring to getting attacked from behind, then punch while face down on the ice unable to defend himself, which was close to assault? If that's what you mean, then ofcourse!

Although that couldn't have happened to a more deserving player, I'm talking about their fight in Novermber. The one before Frank let Bergen take the fallout from his stickwork despite having a broken hand. Nice guy.

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

I meant mainly for the fights mate. To be honest I don't know enough about hockey to form an opinion on him I've only been to 3 games ever. I barely know the rules and only know about 5 players in general. I've really enjoyed the games I've been to tho gonna go more often

To be fair, he is a presence! Big animal! Disagree with the checks though, and a lot of hockey fans agree, even from fife, that Nickerson can't check for toffee! It's weird!

That fight yeah, I wouldn't say there was much in it, and to be fair, Nickerson pulled him down to end it which was a shame. Bergin fought because Nickerson was gagging on a fight, and sums him up, picking on non fighters like Haywood and Bergin. Frank doesn't get involved because it's tactical, And it always works. Always. He's a loose cannon that is only useful of someone is daft enough to step up and fight.

If you need to know anything about the game, just ask mate! Happy to explain anything your wondering!

I love the hockey, it's fast paced, high energy, goals and skillful and is the same price is boring 1st division football.

There was a moment during the game on Friday where the puck bounced up right in front of a fife player after the keeper made a save and it would have been perfect for a diving header. My mate had to explain to me your not allowed to head it in in hockey

The games I've been to have all been fast paced end to end stuff with high scores. Braehead won all of them as well