Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Absolutely buzzing for the playoff v Fife this weekend. They have beaten us on the last few occasions but I am confident on our night we are a better hockey team than them. If our guys like Bakala, Karshisky and Sachetti play their best hockey I believe we will win. Fife are on fire though and have a good bit of momentum. Should be two cracking games.

Absolutely buzzing for the playoff v Fife this weekend. They have beaten us on the last few occasions but I am confident on our night we are a better hockey team than them. If our guys like Bakala, Karshisky and Sachetti play their best hockey I believe we will win. Fife are on fire though and have a good bit of momentum. Should be two cracking games.

How you doing with injuries now? Last time we played dundee you were missing a few. I know dowzak will be out and most likely rawlyk but what about McPherson, wirll, maclellan etc?

How you doing with injuries now? Last time we played dundee you were missing a few. I know dowzak will be out and most likely rawlyk but what about McPherson, wirll, maclellan etc?

Rawlyk definitely out, I would expect McPherson to be playing.

Not sure about the others.

As far as I believe we have a full roster. Rory has been training this week and looks set to play.

I hope you're right, but I thought he was out for 6 weeks after his operation, which was only just over 3 weeks ago.

Wow, just wow! Get your money on Fife!

Flyers with two sell outs of over 3500 in thir last two home games. Also must have been around a 1500 traveling support o Dundee last night. Football really could learn a lot from the ice hockey.

Anyway, iv just bought my tickets for Nottingham!

Hopefully an all Scottish final. The Scottish sides have definetly rocked the establishment! Mon the Flyers!

Flyers with two sell outs of over 3500 in thir last two home games. Also must have been around a 1500 traveling support o Dundee last night. Football really could learn a lot from the ice hockey.

Hopefully an all Scottish final. The Scottish sides have definetly rocked the establishment! Mon the Flyers!

#scottingham

An all Scottish final would be something. Waiting to see who Clan will face up to, got a sneaky that Blaze might just pull off a shock. A Play Off Final Weekend with no Steelers, Devils or Panthers, now there's another potential first. Thought Flyers were immense on Sunday night, though Dundee just seemed to fall flat after the first period (which was some of the best hockey I've seen all year). Belfast will be a tough ask for Flyers, but over three periods on a one off I'd say they're ready.

Clan were absolutely dominant against Panthers on Saturday, slow start & lost an early goal but once they regrouped the game was one way traffic. Proper play off hockey, a real edge to their game & some clinical play at the crucial times.

As I said, a Clan v Flyers final would be something, and definitely not beyond the realms of possibility.

Nottingham, are you ready?

Edited by madcap

Quite possibly Dundee's worst two games of the season, however we can have no complaints, Flyers were by far the better side. Over the course of the season we probably deserved a place in the final 4 but the performances were flat!!

Can't take it away from a top season though, 3rd place finish and Conference champions. Scottish hockey is getting bigger by the season.

Good luck to Flyers and Clan for the coming weekend.

Both Scottish teams narrowly beaten today :(

Being new to the whole UK hockey thing, Im a bit surprised at how abrupt the ending is to the season. A full calendar of league fixtures then its all decided in 2 days? Doesn't add up to me.

• 2 months later...

Fife doing well getting our top performers from last year signed up again despite interest from elsewhere.

Fulton, Lukecevic, Haines and Regan all confirmed.

If the rumours are true, Nickerson, Reber and Roehl will also be back for another season.

Da Costa has signed for a Polish side.

Really feeling confident about next year especially if we can replace the average guys that are leaving with a few crackers.

• 1 month later...

What's the atmosphere like at games in Britain for ice hockey?

My little cousin plays for some junior team and has had 2 (I think?) trials for Scotland. His success made me a little interested but all I've really seen is like NHL and some Olympics stuff etc..