Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Braehead v Cardiff tonight, pretty excited, should be a cracker.

Win this one and we're still right in the mix.

If we take advantage of all the home games we've got we'll be right up there, and to be honest I go into every game at Braehead thinking we'll win.

For someone who's only just started watching ice hockey, it's ridiculous how gutted I am at being unable to attend.

Was en route to Fife for the Clan match last Saturday and my car broke down. No car = no way of getting to and from Braehead for me. :(

Embarrassing stuff as old women applaud a bunch of losers.

Good sport, shit team and shitter crowd.

I take it you're talking about Braehead?

The shit team comment is probably fair but we played alright last night, it was a ridiculously good defensive performance from Cardiff. Should still have won.

Shitter crowd; absolutely fair enough. People love to talk about how we're the best fans in the league, but if Section N wasn't there the rest of the arena would be like a graveyard. And it's not enough.

Having seen Braehead away fans a good few times who are always a colourful noisy bunch I was extremely disappointed with the arena atmosphere for an excellent game between us earlier this year.

Same with Nottingham. Crap.

Fife is OK, caps make a decent noise given there is about 50 of them. Best away trip by far is Cardiff but I bet that becomes crap once they move.

Having seen Braehead away fans a good few times who are always a colourful noisy bunch I was extremely disappointed with the arena atmosphere for an excellent game between us earlier this year.

Same with Nottingham. Crap.

Fife is OK, caps make a decent noise given there is about 50 of them. Best away trip by far is Cardiff but I bet that becomes crap once they move.

Was that the 6-4 game? I remember it not being too bad, the problem is there are about 25 people who sing at every game, you'll get a few folk who clap around the rest of arena but we need more people to join in.

If you're ever in the US/Canada then go to an NHL game. The atmosphere at the games I've been to have been unreal, and the quality is obviosuly streets ahead as well.

The atmosphere in North America is nothing compared to countries like Sweden, Germany and Switzerland. The best fans in Europe IMO are Ambrì-Piotta's. This was them at a game against Lugano, which is a huge derby.

Edited by Zanetti

Going to my first eihl game next Friday as the stars host Nottingham, watched a fair bit of NHL so hoping it lives up to my expectations :P

Hmmmm

I'm sure if you modify those expectations you will have a great time. Nottingham on a Scottish double header weekend so should bring a decent crowd.

The atmosphere in North America is nothing compared to countries like Sweden, Germany and Switzerland. The best fans in Europe IMO are Ambrì-Piotta's. This was them at an away game against Lugano, which is a huge derby.

The thing I like about American sports is the whole 'show experience'. Completely different to the way we watch sports in Britain (not saying it's better, I love the segregation etc in British football). No idea what it's like in Russia etc but can't imagine it's the same type of atmosphere.

The thing I like about American sports is the whole 'show experience'. Completely different to the way we watch sports in Britain (not saying it's better, I love the segregation etc in British football). No idea what it's like in Russia etc but can't imagine it's the same type of atmosphere.

That's exactly what I hate about American sports. I much prefer the European mentality with ultras, singing/chanting and a real atmosphere.

Have a look at this video and you'll see what I mean!

That's exactly what I hate about American sports. I much prefer the European mentality with ultras, singing/chanting and a real atmosphere.

Have a look at this video and you'll see what I mean!

This c**t gets it. That plastic happy clappy stuff works for the yanks, but I find it revolting. Even more cringe when MLS fans try cross the two styles.

This c**t gets it. That plastic happy clappy stuff works for the yanks, but I find it revolting. Even more cringe when MLS fans try cross the two styles.

Here's the video for you then!

I completely agree with you. That video I posted before completely sums up the difference in mentalities, and I'd take the European style any day of the week.