Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Two reasons. If there is only a minute or two left you can pull the goalie and put an extra skater on and try and get a goal. This is risky though and can lead to the opposition getting an empty net goal. During the game this may be because your team has a penalty advantage. If a penalty is called the ref will raise his arm and as long as you have puck posession the ref will play advantage. You can take your goalie off risk free here and put on an extra out skater as if the opposition touch the puck the ref blows for the penalty so they can not score.

I wouldnt say Stars were outclassed exactly. Giants had 37 shots to our 29 which indicates they had slightly more of the play but that is to be expected. Think of it as Celtic coming to Dens and you sit back and hope to nick a goal. The last 3 weeks Stars are unbeaten in regulation time against the top 3 teams in the league so really punching above our weight. Challenge now is to take that from into games against conference rivals. Again to use a football analogy its like getting good results against top 6 teams but needing to get results against the teams in and around you.

That is massively appreciated! Thanks very much for the info bud.

Minimum ban since when?  

Peacock got 2 games last year for hitting the ref with his stick. 

You absolutely can't complain tbh. Cowick was stupid and will be a big miss. 

There must be some consistency though.

Edited by #Gary

Automatic 6 game ban... Cardiff player struck an official in their game v Coventry and given nothing whatsoever...

As I said, difficult to complain as striking an official has to be severely punished. Consistency required though. 

Edited by #Gary

9 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Cowick was stupid and deserved to be banned. 6 games is absolutely not excessive.

Clan really need to cut Ahsberg. 1 import down is bad enough but 2 down is piss poor. Particularly given our struggles short benched last season

I don't argue that is not excessive. The issue is the lack of consistency from dops.

Hendrikx had a wee spell where I thought he was really coming onto a game but very quickly went back to his "can't be arsed" kinda play. Hopefully it'll be another successful change like the Ulmer/Hammond. Hammond is class and his play very often suggests he should be playing at a higher level. 
I suspect we'll probably see a few more changes over the next few weeks, it's surely just got to be a matter of time before Ahsberg is punted!
Looking forward to getting back into the arena this weekend, although the folk down the front few rows must dread the Teddy Toss each year!

Thats possibly the worst performance I've seen from the Clan tonight. 

Scoreline absolutely flatters us.

Russell had a shocker.

Defence is minging. Forecheck is minging. Power kill is minging. Powerplay is minging. 

We dressed up like big jobbies tonight and played like big jobbies.

Another Jekyll and Hyde weekend from the Clan, standard. From the worst performance of the year on Saturday (yet still only lost by 2!?) to a determined, confident performance last night. You just don't know what Clan you're going to get from game to game. The players actually look more comfortable playing away from Home!
Really wanted to strangle a few Stars fans last night, that one woman with the screeching voice calling everyone under the sun "a fanny". Was good to see the Stars fans constant shouts for too many men penalties every time there was a line change backfire. 3 PP goals from the Clan last night. Mental.