Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Weird how different people see a game. I thought Clan were as poor a team as I have seen at DIA this year (except Blaze).

Unfortunately after a strong start , being 3 imports down and running two lines for two periods we just ran out of legs in the third.

I'm not sure what your too many men point is. Clan were caught too many men on line changes twice. Ours wasn't even a poor line change, we had 6 on the ice for about 20 seconds before Toby noticed. Marc was trying to get someone off without alerting the linesman!!

I watched the webcast and thought we were poor as well. Certainly wasnt a confident or determined performance in my view.

The same guys are bailing us out time and time again ... Leavitt, Pitt and Beca. Rosehill had a good weekend points wise. There's no secondary scoring and the defence is howling. 

3 powerplay goals in Sunday was a miracle! 

9 hours ago, SCDave said:

Another Jekyll and Hyde weekend from the Clan, standard. From the worst performance of the year on Saturday (yet still only lost by 2!?) to a determined, confident performance last night. You just don't know what Clan you're going to get from game to game. The players actually look more comfortable playing away from Home!
Really wanted to strangle a few Stars fans last night, that one woman with the screeching voice calling everyone under the sun "a fanny". Was good to see the Stars fans constant shouts for too many men penalties every time there was a line change backfire. 3 PP goals from the Clan last night. Mental.

Too many men seems to be the most misunderstood rule there is by Elite League fans, there is usually at least one person shouting it all game at the rinks in Scotland

Also, only losing by 2 is a fair point when you lose a game you were in at some point, not when you are 5-1 down with 8 to go and get goals in garbage time.

I would like to think a full strength Dundee could win the conference but we will need to steer clear of injury. We have a good 3 lines but no depth, couple of injuries and we are icing teenagers. Will know more after new year though, have a lot of away games in December.

One thing I have noticed this year at DIA is crowds. Only 800 odd there last night for a game where you might expect 1200. Very few Clan fans through which is understandable but home crowds have been down all season too. You just worry how long EIHL hockey is sustainable on sub 1000 gates. 

Those Clangus cow jerseys were honking. Much like the kilted efforts last year. However, once again they've made a few headlines on sites like TSN and The Hockey News over in Canada. They lap that stuff up. Good publicity and all that, can't hurt.

Interesting weekend, 2 games which should have been comfortable after we flew out the traps, 3 up on Edinburgh, 2 up on Dundee and still nearly manage to throw them away.
Another weekend of very poor officiating. What's going on with Toby? It's as if he's being fined for giving penalties. Even a Caps player flattening (and injuring) our keeper didn't merit a penalty on Saturday. Then you had Halas on Sunday who watched as our keeper was flattened once again for the Stars 1st goal. Another couple of PP goals though, which has been something we've really struggled with.

Not holding my breath for a result against the Panthers on Wednesday..

Man we're pish this season.

Credit to Coventry - they played well last night. Liam Stewart was absolutely unplayable and was key to everything they did well.

But we were always chasing the game. 2-0 down and we never even tied it at any point in the night. At 4-3 we had a sneaking chance but the 5th Blaze goal killed it. Team were visibly shaken after that and never really looked like doing anything.

It's going to be a tough year.

• 2 weeks later...

Entertaining evening in Edinburgh. 

Unfortunately, Corey Cowick is a fcking moron and will be serving yet another lengthy ban for suckerpunching Staal from behind. 

Delighted for Boyd getting his goal and good to see Ahsberg score as well. Easily the best game I've seen him have.

Travis Fullerton's temper tantrum was hilarious. :lol:

Entertaining evening in Edinburgh. 
Unfortunately, Corey Cowick is a fcking moron and will be serving yet another lengthy ban for suckerpunching Staal from behind. 
Delighted for Boyd getting his goal and good to see Ahsberg score as well. Easily the best game I've seen him have.
Travis Fullerton's temper tantrum was hilarious. [emoji38]

It was a fun night. I particularly enjoyed the double major powerplay, including 2 full mins of 5 on 3, where the score ended 1-1 over the 10 mins!

Cowicks punch was stupid. Not sure how the refs thought that cross checking to the back of the head from the caps boy was just a minor though...