11 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I have no idea who this particular lady is but I just saw this on trending. 

Seems a lovely classy woman.

Some competition for Lana Wolf and Champagne Jill there.

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

who is she and what did she tweet?

Think she was given the editor job of Teen Vogue but then some 2011 tweets (haven't seen them published) were pointed out and she has decided not to take the job. It's out of hand all this stuff now.

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

She had some tweets that she had forgotten to delete about "Asians" from 2011. Seems genuinely remorseful and beyond that but has taken the probably correct decision that it's a very bad look to be editing a magazine for teenagers when it's now well known that as a teenager you held some pretty crummy views and somewhat damages your credibility in certain matters.

I'm sure Condé nast are supportive of that choice given the multitude of scandals there in the past year or so. And of course crucially she decided to leave of her own volition and will doubtless go on to have a good career - hopefully by continuing to be a grown up about it rather than jumping on the "I've been cancelled" bandwagon.

If you get your opinions from a bad comedy newscaster written by Andrew Doyle, however, it's yet another example of the woke Nazis ruining everything

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

She had some tweets that she had forgotten to delete about "Asians" from 2011. Seems genuinely remorseful and beyond that but has taken the probably correct decision that it's a very bad look to be editing a magazine for teenagers when it's now well known that as a teenager you held some pretty crummy views and somewhat damages your credibility in certain matters.

I'm sure Condé nast are supportive of that choice given the multitude of scandals there in the past year or so. And of course crucially she decided to leave of her own volition and will doubtless go on to have a good career - hopefully by continuing to be a grown up about it rather than jumping on the "I've been cancelled" bandwagon.

If you get your opinions from a bad comedy newscaster written by Andrew Doyle, however, it's yet another example of the woke Nazis ruining everything

I'm not getting my opinions from him, I'm just agreeing with SOME things he said. The fact that you are tempted to label me as a woke Nazi (whatever that even mean) kind of proves the point.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

I'm not getting my opinions from him, I'm just agreeing with SOME things he said. The fact that you are tempted to label me as a woke Nazi (whatever that even mean) kind of proves the point.

I mean it's pretty clear from my post that I'm describing those who are parroting the likes of Pie as being terrified of "woke nazis ruining everything", which is just the new name for the "PC gone mad". The fact you were unable to parse a pretty simple sentence kind of proves the point. 

Alex McCammond would've been 17 or 18 when she wrote those things. She should have known better by that age, but I don't think it's really fair to use that as a stick to beat her with now. If she'd been convicted of hate crime against Asians for example then it's a different matter. 

Says she went voluntarily but I doubt she was really given much of a choice there, to be honest. Offered the chance to save face I would say is the more likely reality. 

10 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

"The comments, which Ms McCammond described as "deeply insensitive" in 2019, prompted more than 20 staff members from Teen Vogue to write an open letter to Condé Nast's management, denouncing what they called "her past racist and homophobic tweets".

"We've heard the concerns of our readers, and we stand with you," the statement said.

"In a moment of historically high anti-Asian violence and made the ongoing struggles of the LGBTQ community, we as the staff of Teen Vogue fully reject those sentiments"

Edited by bennett