2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You know what i find the most unbelievable about all of that? No fucking way is she 35 in that picture. 

Yeah, i think she may have lied about her age. Either that or a typo and it is supposed to read 55. 
The alien part of the story is more believable than her claiming she is 35.

On 08/07/2023 at 00:57, welshbairn said:

Just got a scary notification from Google telling me how much I'd walked, driven, spent time in hotels, restaurants and bars in the month of June. I'd more or less accepted that the convenience of allowing apps to know your location etc was worth the loss of privacy unless I was planning a bank heist, but this hit home. I'm old so it doesn't really matter but if I was younger and worried what might get out to the likes of insurance companies, mortgage dealers, future employers etc I'd seriously consider switching all my privacy settings to maximum and maybe getting shot of a smart phone altogether.

I don't know, whenever you are asked to accept cookies you are assured that the site / app / organisation values your privacy.

Naturally, I'm inclined to believe them.

On 07/07/2023 at 17:57, welshbairn said:

Just got a scary notification from Google telling me how much I'd walked, driven, spent time in hotels, restaurants and bars in the month of June. I'd more or less accepted that the convenience of allowing apps to know your location etc was worth the loss of privacy unless I was planning a bank heist, but this hit home. I'm old so it doesn't really matter but if I was younger and worried what might get out to the likes of insurance companies, mortgage dealers, future employers etc I'd seriously consider switching all my privacy settings to maximum and maybe getting shot of a smart phone altogether.

If 30 years ago, You bought a watch from Argos and wore it for a year. On the 366th day, a bloke rang your door bell and told you he was from Casio and he would like to let you know that he had been following you for the last year and had a note of all the places you had been, how long you were there for and the mode of transport you took. Presented in a way that makes him think that you would be pleased. 

You would phone the police. 

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If 30 years ago, You bought a watch from Argos and wore it for a year. On the 366th day, a bloke rang your door bell and told you he was from Casio and he would like to let you know that he had been following you for the last year and had a note of all the places you had been, how long you were there for and the mode of transport you took. Presented in a way that makes him think that you would be pleased. 

You would phone the police. 

Bring back the 90's 

29 minutes ago, Binos said:

Bring back the 90's 

Be good wouldn't it but if we were all transported back there, the depressing thing is that those in power would follow exactly the same path to arrive where we are now.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Surely the BBC protecting the interest of the beast whoever it is, is actually harming every other presenter that's being accused. 

I too think this. If they have suspended him then they obviously have enough evidence. Just get him outed.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Surely the BBC protecting the interest of the beast whoever it is, is actually harming every other presenter that's being accused. 

Then again, Matthew Kelly. People will still say, "aye, wasn't he a paedo?" because they only remember the beginning of the investigation, not the end.

The internet's full of scum making these allegations all the time, so hopefully this will lead to a few of them ending up in court. I don't think anyone with half a brain will say, "Nicky Campbell's a paedo because some random fascist on Twitter said so" - the ones who do would be saying similar anyway.

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I too think this. If they have suspended him then they obviously have enough evidence. Just get him outed.

There's a possibility that the person in question has also been the victim of an offence themselves, so I don't think any organisation should be doing much in the way of naming anyone until the police themselves give the say-so.

This really is a bit of a strange one, as there doesn't seem to be an obvious suspect, going by how many roasters have been making an absolute c**t of themselves with their accusations against people they don't like for other reasons.

I take it that the accused is fairly popular at the BBC, considering there's been no leak as in cases like the Ryan Giggs superinjunction.

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Lolwut? If they had "enough evidence" they'd fire them. Suspending someone at the centre of an investigation is standard practice and does not in any way imply guilt.