Just now, Rugster said:

Exactly, as I said, you obviously know a lot more about it than I do. And I don’t recall saying anywhere it was an excuse for anything. 

Fair enough. I often miss context, I'll put my hand up to that.

I'm sure it's coming across though that yet again, I'm seriously fucking angry that 'mental health' is carrying the can for fucking awful toxic behaviour.

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

He has, which is a credit to him. It's just sickening that once again someone behaving questionably is going to be forever linked with 'mental health issues' rather than what this is, i.e. his mental health has caved in because he's finally been pulled up about his own behaviours.

Nonsense post I'm afraid. Mental health sufferers is not an identity, he has no need to consider how his actions effect other sufferers. How would you expect someone with a history of MH issues to react when public accusations led people to (falsely, considering the police's current position) believe you were a perpetrator of child sexual abuse, and the silver lining when this is shown to be false is that you are outed as gay, and mean to someone on a dating app. 

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Fair enough. I often miss context, I'll put my hand up to that.

I'm sure it's coming across though that yet again, I'm seriously fucking angry that 'mental health' is carrying the can for fucking awful toxic behaviour.

He's not using the mental health card in that way though.

He's had a week of high profile media intrusion, which of you have depression and the extensive insight you claim. Could well have created a situation where the guys had a horrendous, life threatening relapse. 

Nothing been said about excusing the behaviour. And I'm the first to go nuts about that shite.

14 minutes ago, MyNameIsClarence said:

Nonsense post I'm afraid. Mental health sufferers is not an identity, he has no need to consider how his actions effect other sufferers. How would you expect someone with a history of MH issues to react when public accusations led people to (falsely, considering the police's current position) believe you were a perpetrator of child sexual abuse, and the silver lining when this is shown to be false is that you are outed as gay, and mean to someone on a dating app. 

"Mental Health Sufferers" absolutely are an 'identity' in the regard that it is possible to collectively advocate for Mental Health, when it is an umbrella term that encompasses everyone who has ever had to deal with any sort of mental health issue, temporary or otherwise.

Edwards owes no duty of care to anyone else, that much is true, and I'll be clear about the fact that I have no doubt whatsoever that his own mental state right now is likely through the floor, he absolutely requires respite and care, and I'm in no way surprised this is the outcome after the events since the weekend.

So he's done nothing more than be mean to someone on a dating app. I don't think that in any way justifies having his personal life made public in the way that it has been. Why I'm angry, is that he, or his wife, could simply have admitted that he is the person at the centre of this without having to make any mention of his mental state. In fact, I can't for the life of me understand why he would want that in public domain, because as much as it may well paint him in a more sympathetic light, it's just going to yet again create more and more stigma and misconception about what mental illness is, how it affects individuals, how it affects their behaviours, and no, it doesn't in any way excuse any of his behaviours, so it does scream of 'poor me/I'm the real victim here' anyway, in exactly the same way Schofield's vomitous routine did in the aftermath of his fall from grace.

Edited by Boo Khaki

43 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Huw has completely nuked the footage of him announcing the queens death. Doubt the BBC will want to use that ever again if he’s been upto no good 

Maybe someone could install a button that plays it on the portrait of the Queen that Rolf Harris did? 🤔

Edited by Lurkst

15 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Why I'm angry, is that he, or his wife, could simply have admitted that he is the person at the centre of this without having to make any mention of his mental state. 

I'd imagine she said that partly in the hope of getting the media to stop camping outside their family home. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

I'd imagine she said that partly in the hope of getting the media to stop camping outside their family home. 

That's a fair point, and likely true enough. 

Given that there's no criminality involved though, I'd wonder how much longer this is going to be of any interest to the media anyway.