2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Beyond, "we've been made aware of a complaint against you, did you do this?" what exactly would you expect your employer to do to investigate it?

Whether I refuted it or owned up they should at least get back in touch with the complainant...if my employer was a publicly funded company.

Incidentally, for the avoidance of doubt here, it's not me!

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Whether I refuted it or owned up they should at least get back in touch with the complainant...if my employer was a publicly funded company.

Incidentally, for the avoidance of doubt here, it's not me!

According to @diegomarahenry they did do this.

36 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Given the number of non media types who’ve been ‘doorstepped’ and then subsequently found to be absolutely innocent of wrong doing, most without even having to go to court, i find it absolutely disgusting that the bbc and media seem to only afford this courtesy amongst their own of not ‘outing’ folks. The bbc and other media outlets would be all over this in terms of doorstepping and going after the individual.

The media in this country is a fucking cancer and the bbc itself has got away with sweeping criminal misconduct under the carpet for decades. Everyone in show business knew about Saville apparently, it was a sick ‘in joke’, see the Johnny Rotten interview, even fucking set pieces on camera with Saville having wee girls on his lap and kissing them on camera, the bosses and interns must have seen the stream of wee kids in his dressing room and did absolutely f**k all about it. They’ve never addressed this properly, the whole institution is too powerful, its unaccountable and it needs to be taken to task massively.

The BBC were fined £2m when they colluded with your lot to do this to Cliff Richard, so it's no surprise that they are going to be very cautious here.

As you correctly point out, the police (as well as being institutionally corrupt) are absolutely terrible at investigating high profile crimes amongst famous people and have swept many crimes under the carpet, and therefore the public have lost confidence in them actually bringing these people to justice. That's at the heart of this constant desire for vigilante justice.

Edited by craigkillie

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The BBC were fined £2m when they colluded with your lot to do this to Cliff Richard, so it's no surprise that they are going to be very cautious here.

As you correctly point out, the police (as well as being institutionally corrupt) are absolutely terrible at investigating high profile crimes amongst famous people and have swept many crimes under the carpet, and therefore the public have lost confidence in them actually bringing these people to justice. That's at the heart of this constant desire for vigilante justice.

That and the fact its a slow Monday.

23 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They are a public funded broadcaster first and foremost. 
Can you blame the public? We’ve been lining the pockets of several individuals in the bbc over the years who’ve absolutely acted despicably, its a very newsworthy item and inkeeping with them reporting other people as named suspects in other walks of life dont get why media is circling the wagon and protecting him, if this was a nurse, a teacher etc their name would be out there. 

I'd imagine the Sun are a bit wary of being asked why they paid thousands to get pictures of a 16 year old old with her tits out.

Screenshot-2019-11-06-at-18.00.36-768x50

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think there is.

I just think the media are keeping quiet about identifying anyone, for the reasons you've made a good job of outlining.

I thought i read something earlier that said there was, but could have been pish, of course.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Sorry you’ll have to tell me when i was a member of the Met because ive absolutely no knowledge of this. 

On your wider point, i believe political interference is the reason many of these cases fail to see a court room as even in failings with some of the historical met cases or investigations its been prosecution choosing not to take a case on. This is why i believe politicians should have no place in judicial appointments. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

46 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They are a public funded broadcaster first and foremost. 
Can you blame the public? We’ve been lining the pockets of several individuals in the bbc over the years who’ve absolutely acted despicably, its a very newsworthy item and inkeeping with them reporting other people as named suspects in other walks of life dont get why media is circling the wagon and protecting him, if this was a nurse, a teacher etc their name would be out there. 

There will be plenty of nurses and teachers doing this and their names aren't out there

22 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Just hypothetically, if a 17 year old pretends to be 18 to sell you pictures of her tits, and you have no reason to doubt her, would you have broken the law?

Surely the same as if you have sex with a 15 year old girl who claimed she was 16. The onus is on you to have checked it out thoroughly so would be guilty.

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

There will be plenty of nurses and teachers doing this and their names aren't out there

The media in this country just angers me, ive known people who have been doorstepped in a few different lines or work and have been completely innocent, but when it comes to a high profile person they mostly circle the wagons. 

35 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Sorry you’ll have to tell me when i was a member of the Met because ive absolutely no knowledge of this. 

On your wider point, i believe political interference is the reason many of these cases fail to see a court room as even in failings with some of the historical met cases or investigations its been prosecution choosing not to take a case on. This is why i believe politicians should have no place in judicial appointments. 

The Cliff Richard was South Yorkshire Police (the same ones responsible for causing and then convering up their involvement in dozens of deaths at Hillsborough, no less). The police and the press are very much working hand-in-hand in most of these things (as they were at Hillsborough) - both of them are tools used specifically for that political interference which you describe.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Cliff Richard was South Yorkshire Police (the same ones responsible for causing and then convering up their involvement in dozens of deaths at Hillsborough, no less). The police and the press are very much working hand-in-hand in most of these things (as they were at Hillsborough) - both of them are tools used specifically for that political interference which you describe.

Again you use an example of a force working in an entirely separate criminal justice system to back up a wee snidey dig about me.

My point is that it seems a bit rich for a police officer to be talking about other institutions being corrupt and in thrall to the rich and powerful without at least a brief acknowledgement of the irony involved.

This discussion is about someone living in England (presumably), so the discussion should be about English policing. There is at least one very active public inquiry in Scotland at the moment where the police officers involved certainly appear to be closing ranks in a similar way, but that is indeed ongoing and will hopefully lead to criminal charges against those officers in time.

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My point is that it seems a bit rich for a police officer to be talking about other institutions being corrupt and in thrall to the rich and powerful without at least a brief acknowledgement of the irony involved.

This discussion is about someone living in England (presumably), so the discussion should be about English policing. There is at least one very active public inquiry in Scotland at the moment where the police officers involved certainly appear to be closing ranks in a similar way, but that is indeed ongoing and will hopefully lead to criminal charges against those officers in time.

I comment on here as a private individual and my opinions are my own, I cant help if i have lived experience of the realities of the criminal justice system. You said ‘my lot’ if that was a lazy supposition then fair enough, but my experience of the criminal justice system is entirely different, you only have to look at high profile cases in Scotland like the football abuse cases, Alec Salmond trial and other things which cannot be discussed on the internet or anywhere which I believe exemplifies why I dont believe the issues around institutional corruption and interference are anywhere even in the same stratosphere as examples elsewhere in the world. I get its trendy to attack the police for perceived failings but you live in a country with one of the best murder detection rates in the world as one example of how effective the service provided can be. Do I acknowledge historical issues, absolutely, but thats not on me so inferences that i am somehow corrupt or party to it are unfair. 

But on your more general point the police are held far more to account with the SPA, HMICFRS, PIRC, PF, government/parliamentary bodies and Court/Tribunal bodies all tasked with holding it to account, its absolutely not in the same league as the BBC where there it would appear is very little public accountability and learning. 

You know as well as i do that i cannot even begin to properly reply to your post here based on the content of that second paragraph. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I comment on here as a private individual and my opinions are my own, I cant help if i have lived experience of the realities of the criminal justice system. You said ‘my lot’ if that was a lazy supposition then fair enough, but my experience of the criminal justice system is entirely different, you only have to look at high profile cases in Scotland like the football abuse cases, Alec Salmond trial and other things which cannot be discussed on the internet or anywhere which I believe exemplifies why I dont believe the issues around institutional corruption and interference are anywhere even in the same stratosphere as examples elsewhere in the world. I get its trendy to attack the police for perceived failings but you live in a country with one of the best murder detection rates in the world as one example of how effective the service provided can be. Do I acknowledge historical issues, absolutely, but thats not on me so inferences that i am somehow corrupt or party to it are unfair. 

But on your more general point the police are held far more to account with the SPA, HMICFRS, PIRC, PF, government/parliamentary bodies and Court/Tribunal bodies all tasked with holding it to account, its absolutely not in the same league as the BBC where there it would appear is very little public accountability and learning. 

You know as well as i do that i cannot even begin to properly reply to your post here based on the content of that second paragraph. 

Can we get back to speculation about the celeb in his pants please?